Friday, October 13, 2006

Pizookie Parenthood



Sorry for stealing the picture Sunnie, but it had to be done.

This is me and a few friends enjoying what was likely my last Girl's Night Out for a while, before the responsibilities of parenting two children takes over. I was so glad to be out and also glad we were at B.J.'s where we enjoyed the best ever indulgence, a Pizookie. I never realized it before, but the strange name isn't so strange when you consider that a Pizookie is a cookie baked in a pizza pan. Pizza-Cookie. Anyway, pizookies are the best, and I was glad to be there with some friends. I count pizookies among my list of guilty pleasures. They're really right up there with soaking long in a hot shower, and five minutes peace behind a locked door in the bathroom. I have other guilty pleasures for sure, but I was really looking forward to Pizookie Night. Every once in a while, you need to indulge yourself in a sanity check. This has been especially important to me as I am anticipating the end of this pregnancy. Reality checks and nights out have become very important to me lately, maybe because I know that "getting away" will become a rare commodity very soon, so to my friends, I say: Thanks guys! That was just what I needed! If we can just enjoy a pizookie every now and then, I think we'll make it through this parenthood thing. And to those who weren't there, you can come next time. Come one, come all... at $4.95 you can't beat the price on such a delicious sanity check.

8 comments:

Sunnie said...

pizza-cookie. that's a pretty good one. whoever made that up is really smart. and i'm so glad to have a little piece of my growing up in california here in texas. it was so great to see that they had a bj's close by when we moved here.

Rainie said...

Girls nights out are the best. Notice everyone is always so happy!!! Nobody is ever in a bad moode or frowning. Speaking of guilty pleasures, what is it that makes a night away from kids and husband just so much fun?

Sunnie said...

i changed my name and picture and just wanted to see if it worked! and will you please just have that baby????:)

Ashley Seil Smith said...

oh my gosh! i thought i was the only one that loved the solitude of sitting in a bathroom stall for a few minutes!

Anonymous said...

i like cookies!

Christy said...

You all look so beautiful!

1tiredmama said...

I know you have been super busy, but I can't wait until the picture with the big fat whale in the front left is gone. Boy do I need to hit the gym.

Christy said...

I agree with 1tiredmama! BABY PICS PLEASE, (when you find a moment that is)