Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Funny funny Princess


Well, I have to laugh from time to time (well actually almost all the time) at the the things Princess says. She uses such big words, like apparently, magnificent, and unfortunate. Of course they don't always sound right and they're not always pronounced correctly. Last Sunday was especially full of funny words. On the way to the bathroom, she asked me why I wasn't wearing any "pantyholes" today, and then on the car ride home, she told us about all the songs she sang in Primary, including one in which Joseph Smith saw two "Heavenly Beans" (she thought that was very funny). Then, while she was watching a Living Scriptures video about the Savior's life, and it gave a portrayal of when Jesus as a boy, got left in Jerusalem, and Mary and Joseph looked for him and found him in the temple. The end of that portion on the film was animation of Joseph and Jesus doing some woodworking. I wanted to make sure Princess knew what they were doing, and so I said, "Jesus' dad was a carpenter, that means he makes things with wood." Princess wondered what they made, and I suggested several things, and then Princess, remembering that Jesus had just gotten lost for three days suggested "maybe they made a fence so he couldn't get out again." Yes, a fence around their house so Jesus couldn't escape and get lost again. I had a good laugh about that one. But the best one came when I was riding in the car with Princess, and she looked at me and said, "mom, you look frumpy." I don't remember what I was wearing, but I looked okay, or so I thought, but in Princess's mind I was looking subpar. I found out later she meant, "grumpy" but still. All these big words she knows and says can sometimes be taken a little too far. We had to have a chat about "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

4 comments:

Sunnie said...

i love the fence around Jesus' house. that is so funny! it made me laugh!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

hahaha...i MISS her so much! And that picture looks as though it was taking in Arkansas around a certain someone's day of nuptials, etc.! Excellent.

Liz said...

Thanks for the laugh. My favorite was the Heavenly Beans. TOO FUNNY!

Christy said...

Aubrey is the best! Your blogs always make me smile!