Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Rice Cereal, anyone?



The doctor gave us the go ahead on rice cereal on Monday, so I bought some on the way home.

He was really excited. He's been watching us eat for a while, so I think he was ready. The first time the spoon got close to his mouth (not in this picture), he opened his mouth wide and lunged for it. He was pretty eager.



His reaction to the first taste was pretty classic. After he tasted it a little bit, he broke out in a grin, like this one, but bigger. It was like he was saying, "Finally you're giving me some REAL food!" and, "I like this stuff!"



His lastest trick is razzing, and he is pretty good at flinging his spit everywhere. He thinks he is so funny when he does it, and thought it was especially fun to razz with a mouth full of cereal, so things got pretty messy. He didn't seem to mind that he was getting rice cereal in the creases of his neck, and all over me.



He was really happy after he was done.



So, the solid food was a success. Today rice cereal, tomorrow, strained peas and carrots!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! What a happy, messy boy.

Sunnie said...

i can't believe he is already that old! that is crazy! i'm glad it went good. mya's first go at it was not too successful. he is the cutest and looks so cute in the high chair!

Liz said...

Glad he liked it! Donevan liked his much better the second day and slept VERY well the last 2 nights. And of course today, I got the first whiff of the "new" poop...

(I blogged his pics too). :)