Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Quick Blog

So, I'm just so excited, because, I'm going on vacation for two weeks to The Motherland. I've not been to Utah for over two years, and I am excited to see my grandma and grandpa, aunts and uncles, and of course, my three sisters and sisters in law, and my niece Heidi, and also, Heidi's little sister, the little babe which I will be meeting when I get there. We will celebrate the birth of this little one and also celebrate her mama's graduation from BYU. I'm looking forward to seeing my fam, sitting around and chatting with my sisters, holding the little baby, eating at the French bakery, and J Dawgs and everywhere else we love, and sitting on the soft Utah grass, and sitting out on the porch on a swing or in a chair in the evening with a cool breeze blowing. I want to pick fresh apricots from my grandparents' trees and eat their bottled peaches and homemade bread and jam. I love going to a place where there's always cookies in the cookie jar and ice cream in the freezer. I want to see the mountains. To say I'm looking forward to this trip would be an understatement. I'm not going alone, however, and though I'm not exactly excited to fly with Princess and Baby Brother alone on the plane, it's going to be worth it for this trip. I've hardly left Houston for almost a year, not even to go to San Antonio or Dallas. So, Utah, here we come!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Give that new baby a hug and kiss for us when she gets here! When are you going? How exciting!

Sunnie said...

eat at cafe rio at least 5 times for me. there is something so great about spring time in utah. and the mountains are so pretty. nothing compares to out mountains here in houston, though:) i know you'll have fun, but i am not jealous about the plane flight. been there, done that one too many times in my life.

1tiredmama said...

Have fun! I am jealous of you get to go to Utah although I must agree that I am not jealous of the plane ride. It is always worth it, but not always fun!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

hoooorrraaayy!!!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I love your description of your grandparents home..."always a cookie in the jar" that is so sweet. I haven't been to utah in a while myself and I'd like to go. It's worth it to suffer on the plane to enjoy your time there.