Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Mom for Sale

Princess is looking for a mommy upgrade. The past weekend was difficult with Coach being sick, and us trying to watch/listen to Conference and trying to make Princess watch, and Princess wanting us to play with her incessantly, and Baby being extremely constipated and very fussy (we were thisclose to needing an enema for him and me breaking the Sabbath to get one). Well, Baby cried Sunday afternoon for the umpteenth time, I was less than compassionate with him, and Princess, observing this, asked me, "why he is crying, mommy?" And she didn't wait for an answer before she thought aloud, "mommy, maybe he's crying because he doesn't want you anymore. Maybe he wants a new mommy." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taking in the weekend we'd had, I figured it was more of a reflection of her feelings than his, but it shocked me! I couldn't believe she'd said that! I know she didn't really know what she was saying (or at least hopefully didn't mean it), but it was one of those comments that really stung! Motherhood is not for wimps. I love my children, no question, but motherhood is hard! After they went to bed Sunday night, I told Coach what Princess had said and we had a good laugh about it. We'd actually had a good time, the four of us, after she had made that comment, and after Conference was over. We'd played and laughed and had a fun night. I think Princess had forgotten the reasons she supposed Baby Brother had been crying, and I (almost) had too. I will look forward to reading the talks in the Ensign that I missed, but in the meanwhile, if there's anyone looking for a mommy, there's this HappyMom going for cheap. :)

3 comments:

Liz said...

LOL! I missed a lot of conference as well- we have a teething boy in our house- I can see it, and his lower gum is so swollen! :(

I've often wondered if I could trade out my kids (hey, we all have those times) for models that didn't back talk or cry, but it definitely stings when your kids say that to you. From the mouths of babes! :)

Anonymous said...

Im sure Heavenly Father would understand the pain of a 5 month old and the frustration of parents if you had had to break the Sabbath, for an enema purposes! I assume he was finally relieved? Poor baby! Thats never fun! Im glad you found the humor in what Aubs said!

Sunnie said...

you can come take care of my kids if you want. really, i'll let you. you don't even have to thank me:)