Happy Days
Well, maybe this post should be called Sad Days because preschool is officially over for the summer. And beyond the summertime, there is this big shadow looming in the distance that is kindergarten, and I SO don't want to go there. Unfortunately, (or fortunately, I guess) Princess does want to go there, and go there we shall on August 27th (but who's not counting?). Anyway, Thursday marked Princess's preschool graduation, which was really cute and fun to watch. I was sad for her to be done with it because it has been such a great experience for her, and because the teacher and student teachers are all so great and clearly love the kids.
This is Princess on the first day of preschool:
And here she is on the last. Princess insisted that she wear that purple jumper and dressed it up with some Mardi Gras beads. And yes, she IS standing next to a rack full of hard hats. They just happened to be in the house area of the classroom, one of Princess's favorite places to play and so we had to have a picture there.
Here are the three girls. It will be too bad to split them up in the fall, when Princess goes to kindergarten. This picture scares me, because, this looks like the precursor to a friends picture like, ten years from now, when they're in high school.
So, yay! Princess's graduated from preschool!
The other reason this post is called Happy Days, is because we celebrated Coach's 29th birthday today! It was nothing big, we just went to Red Robin, and then had cake and presents at home. We actually made a cookie cake for him this year, and as is always the case, when the cake decorating kit comes out, Princess is quick to embellish and improve upon my work (which is actually probably a good thing, seeing as how my efforts are hers on the cake are pretty indistinguishable). And to top it all off, we watched Dreamgirls, which I have been waiting to see. Coach will insist he didn't watch it, as he was working on the computer, but I spied his little foot tapping to the beat of that catchy music. (The movie WAS great by the way). And that's pretty much Coach in a nutshell... he sometimes acts certain way around people and gives them an impression of how he is, but I know what he's really like, and I know he will (and does) bend over backward to make me happy, even on his own birthday (and that is why we watched Dreamgirls tonight). And that is one of many reasons that I love him. So, thanks Coach, Happy Birthday, I love you!
6 comments:
I can promise you that kindergarten will be just as fun, if not better than preschool. It's great for the kids, hard for the mommies. Means we're getting old, and sadly, so are our babies. :(
Happy birthday Chad!
I barely held it together when I dropped Joe off for his first day of school. I cried as soon as I walked away from his class room. It is good though, he loved it and I loved it (not the crying part.)
I love you guys. And I missed you as soon as you left last Sunday. I think since I was a kid I've always thought it ideal for us to live in a little neighborhood of our own - maybe we could name it "The Lone Cypress" and Ritchie could build all of our fantastic homes. And we could all be there for all of Aubrey's graduations and all of her first days and everyone else's. It'd be nice, wouldn't it?
i'm very surprised you got chad to let you watch dreamgirls on his b-day. i don't think i could pay jake to do that! i'm sad about the 3 girls not going to school together anymore. they all look so pretty in that picture! jake asked if aubrey had on lipstick (i told him it was the punch). here's to a fun summer of who knows. we'll figure something out. oh wait- i have to have a baby. i guess that will keep me busy. can my kids come play? :)
Tell Aubs that I think the Mardi Gras beads were a nice touch. Looks like it was a fun and memorable day! Heidi misses Aubs. She asks about her lots. The other day, she snuck down into the basement and brought up two Capri Sun drinks from the fruit room. When I asked her who the second one was for, she said "Aubs!"
So sad that preschool is over and even more sad that I didn't get to come say goodbye! Hope your trip was fun! I am coming into town next weekend. Maybe we can get all us girls together one night?
Post a Comment