Tuesday, May 01, 2007

My Utah Vacation

This is my Utah trip in pictures. Needless to say, it was tons of fun, and even though ten days seems like a lot, it wasn't nearly enough time to spend with the people I love.

We were so excited to see my new niece, Kara, and she is the best baby ever. She hardly ever cries and she sleeps good and eats good. My sister has now lucked out twice. (Sorry the pictures are rotated strangely).




The first couple days we were there, it was cold and snowed in the mountains, so we took Princess up to see some snow up close. The best we could find was some snow on the side of the road that a plow had pushed aside, but Princess didn't know the difference. She liked it, but "it's a little cold."


We spent some time with Janae, Coach's sister, before she heads out to Mexico for Spring term. We had fun at the BYU library and drinking chocolate milk from the Creamery.


We curled Princess's hair for the second time in her life and since the air was so dry in Utah, it stayed curly for two days! It was fun to see how she and I looked more alike with curly hair.


We hung out with Coach's brother and his family, and Princess and her cousin Rachel who is the same age, had a great time at Chuck E. Cheese. As a sidenote, I won the bonus on this one game, and won 90 tickets at one time, an all time record for me.


My grandma and grandpa got to meet Baby Brother, and also play with Princess. It is so sweet to see my grandparents play with my children.


I love my grandpa and grandma and hope that Pruncess and Baby Brother will get to know them and love them like I do. They are truly two of the finest people I know. And their homegrown canned peaches and homemade bread and jam isn't half bad either. (If I only knew how to slice homemade bread evenly... alas, my bread slicing skills are akin to my gravy making skills.)


We went to Temple Square and besides my pink girl Princess loving all the pink and purple flowers, we also LOVED the Joseph Smith movie playing there. We went to the Lion House Pantry afterwards, and ate some yummy food.


Another high point of the trip was going to my sister Lisa's graduation. This was a major accomplishment for her, as she graduated Magna Cum Laude from the competetive College of Nursing at BYU, and did it with two children. I loved that all my sisters and their husbands were there for the graduation.


Another couple of things I don't have a picture of but really enjoyed was going to Bountiful and visiting my Aunt Heidi, Uncle Mark and Tyler and getting a Concrete at Nielson's. And I enjoyed having breakfast with Coach's Aunt Kathie, Uncle Pat, and Kelby and Jesse, and eating at J Dawgs. It was ten days of fun, and I look forward to doing it again, airplane ride and all.

5 comments:

Liz said...

YAY! A new blog! I missed your family antics! :)

Oh my goodness, that baby is so cute I could gobble her up! (Not really, but you know what I mean!)

Wow, with Aubrey's curly hair, ya'll look A LOT alike! Not that you didn't before, but wowzers! Crazy!

That's so cool that you all were able to be there for Lisa's graduation- and congrats to her. That is definitely an amazing accomplishment to graduate with 2 kids- one being a brand new baby!

Glad you're back!

Carrie said...

looks like yall had a lot of fun. maybe well get to have another huge family renunion in the near near future! Cute pictures!!

Sunnie said...

i love the curly hair- it's funny cause i think elle looks more like me when i straighten her hair. i'm glad you had fun. i'm still sad about no cafe rio!

Anonymous said...

looks like fun! that is a great sisters pic!

Christy said...

Your grandpa is the cutest! I love old people!