Summer Days
I'm counting down the summer days until first, my sister comes into town on the Princess's birthday, and then the days until we get to go to Dallas for my cousin's wedding, where I will see lots more of my family, and also hang out with Coach's brother and his family. I can't wait because, we haven't really gone on vacation this summer, (we really can't with Coach in school four nights a week) so this is so exciting, just to be getting out of H town and going somewhere. Maybe it's the rain, but I've been feeling stir crazy to get out of the house! We've been shut indoors with the rain at least part of every day for the last I don't know how long, and it makes the days seem soo looooong. Does anyone else feel like the summer has lasted a year?
In other news, I have reached my all time record for Super Mario Brothers. Having not grown up with Nintendo, I'm not very good, so tonight, when I made it to the end of level 3, I was pretty happy with myself (no laughing). We borrowed the game from one of Coach's priests, and we've been playing all week. Coach actually gets to level 8 and then gets stuck. I think I've seen him try level 8 about five dozen times. One of these times, he's going to get it. I wish we had one of those game genie things where we could get unlimited lives. I am glad we didn't have Nintendo growing up, but now that I am older, I really like to play it. I don't need any fancy high tech game system, I'm happy with just the plain old Mario from 1985. Maybe we'll buy one on Ebay.
8 comments:
I hear ya- the rain is driving us crazy! And you think summer's too long now, wait until your kids are actually in school- I'm going nuts trying to figure out entertainment! :)
Can't wait to see you next week! Happy birthday to little A!
Super Mario that rocks. Thats what I always did. Get to level 8 and die!! Cant wait to see you!!
get duck hunt with the gun. that is a fun one. is that why we haven't heard from you lately- you've turned into a nintendo junkie?:) just kidding. we're excited for the big party next week! oh and can i just say that i have a really hard time with the word verification to leave a comment. maybe i'm just dumb, but it usually takes me more than one try to get it right!
Our dirty little secret is Dr. Mario...if you haven't played it, you gotta get it. Clark and I have spent way too much quality time playing Dr. Mario, placing bets for diaper changing, bathing, dishes, etc. And I don't know that you want to know this, but there is a Gamestop near Walmart that most likely sells the Game Genie...you would like it, it's rather satisfying to win games with ease...you know, when other parts of life can be difficult, why not make something easy?
WE FINALLY BEAT LEVEL 8 AND SAVED THE PRINCESS!!!! THE WE GOT TO GO TO THE * LEVELS. NOT REALLY SURE WHAT'S DIFFERENT ABOUT THEM, BUT WE PLAYED FOR A BIT, UNTIL LEVEL *5, OR SO. THE MARIO CURSE IS OVER!
i love the old ones...that's more where my skill level is...
The rain is driving us crazy too! And our back yard looks like a swamp with a lot of noisy frogs! We recently pulled out the old Atari games--long live Mrs. Packman :)
Jeff is proud of you. I'm pumped to come, and wish I was going to be there for the princess's birthday! We'll have to call and get the full details from the big girl once her party is over.
Post a Comment