Sunday, August 19, 2007

Mexico Part 2

I didn't know if I should post this picture, it's not the most flattering, but now the careful reader will see that at 18 weeks, I've really got a bulge there.




These were the little girls. Most often, they have a love hate relationship. They love that they're cousins, but sometimes, it's nicer to be long distance cousins. I'm happy to report, however, that they seem to be becoming the friends my sister and I have hoped they would be. Slowly but surely. And they actually did play together and tolerate each other better than the last time they were together.



This is a good example of the little shops. I actually have a better picture, but I can't find it. Just a bunch or random stuff together... towels, pottery, jewelry, clothing, handbags, chairs, toys, random other stuff. Just hanging. And the vendors pretty much stalk you. This was at the border between MEX and the US and so it wasn't as bad, but even in the lines to get back in the country, people were selling stuff. They're everywhere.



This is the whole group together. The best part about this picture is the fact that my niece is flipping the bird. You may have to enlarge the picture to see it, but it is SO funny.



Apparently, Coach thinks I look pretty good as a Mexican. :)



This is a good shot of the beach where we went almost every day. That guy and others would walk up and down the beach selling food. (I think this guy was selling corn.) The churro cart was a welcome sight. I ate way more than necessary during this trip.



Here is Little Brother, sampling some Mexican food in his little Mexican high chair.



There was a fun grassy area by our villa that we went to to pick flowers, and unfortunately learned once there that that was where people came to let their dogs relieve themselves. The kids didn't mind that much, I guess, but we didn't stay long.



This was a show we went to where they fed you all you can eat authentic Mexican (the tamales were great) and then put on a show with traditional dances from different parts of the country. The Big Sis danced by where we were sitting, and it was almost more fun to watch her.



This was the front door of the Rosarito beach hotel, the entrance we used to get to the beach. Over the door it says something in Spanish like, "Under these doors pass the most beautiful women in the world" so of course I had to take my picture under it!



This was Coach after a successful riding of the waves on his boogie board. He was happy.



Big Sis with a handful of sand dollars. They were everywhere, and out where the waves were higher, you could dive down and grab handfuls at a time. The water was so clear you could see all the way to your feet. It was great! Mass shell collecting was her favorite way to spend time.



Big Sis busting some fat air in the pool at the villa.



Big Sis also liked becoming a Sand Mermaid. We gave her a tail and seashells more than once and she also was an octopus and starfish at one time or another.



This was why we called him Sandrew. And this wasn't even that bad. After a while I stopped trying to get him to stop because he just wouldn't. The child was bound and determined to eat as much sand as possible.



These are my seesters and me on the beach. It was beyond fun to all be there together.

14 comments:

1tiredmama said...

That looks like so much fun!! It makes me want to leave all my cares behind and head for the border. I should probably wait though, I am not too sure about giving birth in a hospital in Mexico.

Lisa said...

I still can't get over how gross Sandrew is! :) We did have such a fun time!

Whitney said...

Loved the pictures and the travelouge! I only wish we had been able to go on some kind of vacation this summer! And, I must say, you look very cute with your 18 week little pooch! Yeah for pregnant mommies~

Liz said...

Let me just say that your bulge is precious! I love pregnant women! :) They're so cute!

I remember going to the beach with Grandma when I came down to California on that special trip with her that we all got to take. We found some sand dollars, and I brought them home with me- they were the coolest things.

Sandrew is hilarious- reminds me of mine- he'd eat it too if we were there. At least they're in good company with each other!

Thanks for posting more pics!

Emma Jo said...

Love it all! Today would be a good day to be chillin on that beach collecting sand dollars.

Carrie said...

those are some cute pictures!! Especially the one with the five of you!! And that is classic of Sandrew. Looks like yall had fun. Again, Im jealous!

Lindsay said...

Cathy-does my arm look ginormous in that last picture?? Perhaps it was one too many smoothies...

Rainie said...

What a fun trip, I love your neice, that's so funny. You are one hot mexciana chicka. I can't believe you're really 18 weeks pregnant!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

linds, your arm doesn't but my face looks abnormally fat in this picture...anyone care to photoshop that??? =)

Anonymous said...

nope, linds, you have not topped the ginormous arm. that is still mine for keeps.

i do love the pics of the seesters though! and i love the pic of sandrew, in the high chair. that was funny to me

love it all!

Ash said...

I love the fat air and sand mouth. You always have funny pictures.
Isn't it funny how many people are your "friend" in Mexico when they're trying to sell you something. "This is for you my friend" (hispanic accent) :)

Christy said...

Aubrey was really flying in that picture... my kids get no air when I throw them, I have no upper body strength. Oli did the sand eating thing once when we were on vacation when he was the same age. I kept thinking he would figure out that it tasted bad and stop eating it but it just didn't happen. I guess his colon got exfoliated.

mommymoocow said...

Your pictures are so great! I loved seeing them. Now I understand Sandrew's name. Your seesters picture is fabulous.

Ginger said...

I can't tell you how excited we are that you guys loved Rosarito! It is seriously my favorite place on Earth! Maybe we can hook up and get our families down there at the same time one year! Awesome pictures! I see so many familiar things in them!