Thursday, September 06, 2007

Nothing new, my friends

I guess I can't say there's nothing new going on, since I am baking dog food in my kitchen for my neighbor for a profit. But other than that, we've just been here.

Okay, well, actually, we did spend Labor Day weekend in San Antonio with my sister and her husband. He has a sweet hookup in that his company bought a boat and they can take it out on the nearby Canyon Lake whenever they want. We had a really great time riding in the boat on the lake. I have never water skied or wakeboarded before, and wasn't about to start to try in my pregnant condition, but we did go on the tube (my sister and her husband do wakeboard and water ski, and it was fun to watch). Aubrey had some inital hesitation about going on the tube, but she was convinced fairly easily by her aunt, and then had a blast hanging on while the boat pulled her along. I went with her and so we were going kind of slow so we didn't bounce around too much, and Aubrey get saying, "get off mom! get off! I want to go faster!" She went several times, and she laughed and smiled the whole time. I was surprised she was so brave, and I was glad she tried something new and enjoyed it. Andrew on the other hand, did not enjoy being in a lifejacket and fell asleep as to avoid the entire day on the lake. My mom's magical touch kept him sleeping the whole time we were on the boat. Thanks mom! And thanks Linds and Ritchie for a great weekend!

This was the only time he was happy. After this shot, he proceeded to cry until his grandma somehow got him to sleep.


Aubrey and Lindsay before their tube ride.


This is our tube ride. You might not be able to see, but Aubs really was smiling and laughing the whole time, like I said, and trying to get me to fall off so they could go faster.


Also recently, I broke down and cut Andrew's hair on the top. I took this picture of him shortly after and as I was downloading them, I cracked up because he looks like a maniac. But I thought it was so funny, this punk kid picture of him. I had to cut the really really long wispy strands of his hair, because they were getting too long. Almsot to his eyes if I combed them straight forward. It's still not perfect, but hey, it's hard to get a wiggly baby still enough with one hand while you trim away with the other. So I'm satisfied for now.


And now, for the moment you've all been waiting for. Yes, it's true. I have become a dog food chef extraordinaire. Nevermind that I don't have any pets at home. I have been the caretaker of several pets over the years, but when you have two, almost three small children, let's face it, you don't need anymore mayhem. But I have a very nice neighbor who our family really likes whose business it is to pet sit and also on the side, she makes doggie treats. Well, she's going to a dog show pretty soon and needs these doggy treats mass produced to sell at the show. So she asked me, and since I am home anyway, I figured I could help her out and make some money doing it. That is why my counter space is getting slowly covered up by Peanut Butter Dog Cookies and Parmesan Patties. It's not a bad job, really, except that my thumb is going numb from pushing a cookie cutter down about 2400 times. (I'm not kidding. I've done 300 cookies 8 times). They are all made from natural ingredients and actually smell pretty good baking. So, it's funny that I'm making my foray into doggie gourmet treats. This just goes to show what lengths I will go to to keep myself busy. Stay tuned for the other exploits I find myself in.

Well, for someone who had nothing to say, I sure did blog quite a bit. Oh well, it was time, wasn't it?

12 comments:

Sunnie said...

don't forget you have cared for our pet bubblegum girl on occasions. that ought to count for something in the pet department. and you really should find a thimble for your thumb. i'm glad aubrey could come over today and entertain my kids. besides mya peeing in the corner, it was really great.

Liz said...

I'm so glad you wrote a new blog. I've been so lonely- no one has been blogging! ;)

I'm glad you elaborated on the dog food baking- it totally caught my curiosity at first. :)

Our baby boy desperately needs a haircut, but I just don't have the heart to cut it until he's 1. :(

Tell Aubs that I would LOVE to go tubing with her. I'm no good at anything else- holding on to the tube is about it for me. But it's totally fun!

Glad you updated!

Carrie said...

wow that dog food comment really threw me for a loop at first. i hope aubs doesnt get confused and accidently eat one. sick.

it looks like yall had fun on your weekend with L & R. Too bad about sandrew being upset!

I cant wait to know if it is a boy or girl!! I still cant believe you were able to keep that secret for so long!!!

Anonymous said...

You're a doggie treat diva if you ask me! I can't believe you've made that many of them already, way to go.

I love the pics you posted, we had such fun. Brother was a good snuggler, even if he did come to and moan a few times just to remind us how uncomfy that life jacket was.

Whitney said...

Love the doggie treat story! Very gourmet if you ask me. And it sounds like you had a great Labor Day weekend.

Lindsay said...

I'm glad you posted some pics as I characteristically forgot my camera. It was a fun weekend! I think your next blog should be about Super's plans to move out here in an RV :). You go with the doggie treats...when is her convention? I'm glad they're not smelling your house up. Perhaps Grandpa would be interested in trying one :). Between that and Family History Indexing, school time will fly!

Lisa said...

I'm glad you finally cut those hairs! He does look like a goofball in those pictures. Looking at that picture of the little guy on the boat, I would have thought he had a marvelous time! You could have just posted it and not mentioned the crying part. :) Good luck with those doggie treats, I hope you use the extra cash for something really fun, and not a doctor's bill for your damaged thumb.

Kirkhams said...

Ok...I'm picturing you in the kitchen with your hair tied up (maybe even in a hair net) wearing an apron preparing for these peanut butter and parm. treaties. Maybe Chad can quit his job. You guys could really start something special.

Ash said...

All I have to say is... "hoagies and grinders hoagies and grinders, navy beans, meatloaf sandwich" Maybe you could take Chris Farley's place and be the next lunch lady. Sorry, I went off here. Blame it on was Stacy's hair net comment.

mommymoocow said...

Doggie treats? I never woulda thought of that for a part time job! That's great that you're getting a little extra money while you have a little time. Labor Day sounds so fun. Thanks for posting those pics. It's fun reading about your family.

Emma Jo said...

I love the dog treats project...I'm afraid that even though it was just normal food ingredients I wouldn't want to cook my food in the oven again...oh wait, I don't really cook in my oven that often anyway! Canyon Lake is one of the most beautiful places ever! Ask your husband about a last high school fling we took with our little group of friends there our Sr. year...poor Chad got so fried his feet were purple at church the next day.

Anonymous said...

How have you never been water skiing! every time I have been water skiing it has been with your family!! looks like fun!! I must say I was a little grossed out by the doggie treats...