Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Boy oh Boy



Never a dull moment in our household, what with this one year old around.

Today, Andrew knocked over the trash can this morning and rifled through the trash before I found him, unashamed, and eating crumbs and other things he found in the mess. After that, he knocked over the lamp in our family room, which fell on top of him. Later this afternoon, he crawled onto the porch and tried unsuccessfully to catch an ant in his tiny pincer grasp as it ran in its uncoordinated way on the bricks on our front porch. Apparently he hadn't gotten his fill of bugs because later this evening, he tried again to catch a bug, this time a spider, that was in our laundry room. He almost got it too, and I'm glad he didn't, because I fear it would have gone down the hatch. I allow him to eat a lot of things, but gumming a live spider in his mouth was too much for me to condone. Sheesh, he's ringing in his first year with messes and bugs. Just you wait, in another couple years, he's going to be the boy who eats mud and has a frog in his pocket.

24 comments:

Ashley Seil Smith said...

kissy, i'm pretty sure that andrew is ridiculously adorable. I DO love that little man!

Carrie said...

well i am glad that you did not let him eat the spider. that would be rather disgusting. he sure sounds like trouble. dont you love that age??

scraphappymama said...

welcome to life with a boy!! it's moments like these that we are glad #3 is a girl!!! so when is pazookie night again?!?!

allison said...

Oh my goodness, I love that precious little man. I'm so excited to see you guys!! Ahh!

Kimberly said...

Although my boys do have a fascination with bugs, I believe it was Samantha who ate a bug when she was little. I was just trying to be a good mom and show her a bug that I found and she grabbed it and swallowed before I could do anything about it. Yuck!

Anonymous said...

Hes a little stink, that one is. Im sure somethings have gone down that hatch that you have missed! He sounds really curious, and I think he will give you a run for you money!

Ash said...

What does eating a few bugs every now and then hurt? Added protein, I say.

1tiredmama said...

I can't remember if it was Ethan or Emily but one of them ate 2 bugs within a couple of days. Talk about gross!! Andrew is just the cutest!!

Liz said...

Well at least he's precious and adorable right! I hear you all too well! We haven't discovered bugs yet, but I'm sure it's coming. We're into climbing right now.

Lisa said...

I think that every baby must discover the garbage, rifle through it, and try to eat at least some of it before they grow up. As for bugs, we are really into stomping on them multiple times and then smearing them across the ground, just to be sure they're dead. Anytime Heidi sees a bug, this is what she does.

travelingtxmom said...

He's such a cute little man and a fabulous vacuum cleaner!

Sunnie said...

one spider a day can't hurt, right?

Christy said...

When I was in high school I worked with a lady who told me she walked into a room to find her 1 year old with cockroach legs sticking out of his mouth... that story still traumatizes me so I knew I had to share it with you.

That trash digging could come in handy some day...

Lindsay said...

I know a small boy who swallowed a spider.....what an adorable little man. I love that kid. All these boy adventures are going to be great fun for those of us accustomed to estrogen. And you're probably right about the frogs, what with the abundance of them over at the Lone Cypress Ranch.

mommymoocow said...

Well, you do know that once upon a time in a house in Lubbock Texas, in a room down the hall from where daddy the babysitter sat reading the paper, mommy returned from the grocery store to find a sweet little girl with cricket legs hanging out of her mouth. Said little girl is now a happy hi tech mama herself, so I guess what they say is true, "A little protein never hurt anybody." :)

Anonymous said...

Kristin and Chad, you guys are in our prayers. We love you all

Liz said...

Kristin, just wanted to let you know how much we love you all and will be thinking of you. Your family is in my prayers. If there's anything we can do, let us know.

Emma Jo said...

I think criteria for our next house should include a padded room with TV screens mounted on the wall and a lock on the door...maybe a hamster food and water dispenser in the corner. I hope you get to nap from time to time.

Kirkhams said...

Kristen...We're thingking about you...I'll come snag your kids.My kids would love it! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those new pictures! Aubrey looks so grown up, and Andrew is such a doll!!

mommymoocow said...

Beautiful pics of beautiful kiddos. We love you.

Liz said...

Oh these new pictures are just precious! Look at those cute little angels!

Love you girl- think of you a lot!

Lisa said...

Those pictures are so cute. Princess looks way to old though! Those big blue eyes on both of them just melt my heart. :)

Anonymous said...

Kristin, I hope you are doing well. You guys are still in my prayers. Hope to see you blogging again soon!