Calling all baby namers
I am looking for girl name suggestions. Chad doesn't like any of the names I have suggested so far, and I'm pretty sure I have suggested at least 20 now. And I don't like any of the names he has suggested, which total 2. I'm not necessarily looking for A names, but not opposed to them either. So, all you friends out in the blogging world, how did you choose your children's names? What name suggestions do you have for me? Is there anywhere online I can go to help me choose a good name that's not a huge baby name book? There may be a prize in store for the person who suggests a name we actually use. But we need some ideas, please.
18 comments:
What happened to Abigail Stepsister? I thought the princess had already picked that one out for her... I can't make any suggestions because the only names I would suggest are ones I like, and I don't want you to steal those names in case I decide to name my kids with them. :)
Well, I might be able to help you better if I had ALL 20 names you suggested, and all 2 of Chad's. LOL!
I hear ya- Chris and I could NEVER agree! I went through 2 pages of names!
babycenter.com has a great site- you can search by name, by meaning, by length, etc. There were a couple of other sites we used too, but I'm drawing a blank on them. Google baby names, and I'm sure you'll get a plethora.
We always look at the meaning of names before we decide on them. I don't know why- we just do. Baby Boy's is really the only "family" names we used- he was named after both grandfathers, and a handful of other males in our family- I forget their names though. ;)
Lisa's comment cracked me up!
BTW, if you want "A" names, I have always liked Amanda, Angela, Abigail, Alice, and Amber. If you really want to confuse yourself later on, name her Audrey. ;)
Good luck, can't wait to hear what you come up with! Sorry for the novel!
I personally love A names which is good in my case. But, I don't love my name as much because everyone and their dog is named Ashley. Seriously I had a couple friends with dogs named Ashley. Anywho. How bout something crazy like Ambry? Don't laugh, I think it's kinda cute, but I bet Chad would hate it. I know Mike does. I also like Avie or Avery. Of course I love Claire too, but that might be getting too popular. Anyway those are my suggestions. If you don't find anything else you could always just name her Heaven. ha.
I like that your friend mentioned Audrey, but I don't think it's gonna fly haha. Have you considered Sara? Who decided that they didn't like Abigail? Abby is getting more and more commmon, but it would be cute!
We printed out 2 lists of the top 100 names and separately circled the ones we would consider. We then compared list. Out of 100 we only had 4 that matched and 2 of them got eliminated because of our last name. Good Luck!
hm...this is hard. I really do like Abigail although I do think I'd ask Princess to compromise on the middle name. A lot of the names I used to like have become trendy names but here are a few suggestions:
*Amy (I have never known an Amy that I haven't liked) I do know it might feel weird as you had a dog named Amy but I think it'd be cute with your A's.
*Alyssa or Alisa
Madelyn
Tara
Dana
Gwen
Raelyn
I haven't heard these classics used much lately:
Heather
Melissa
Michelle
Lindsay
And finally, here are few up-and-coming names I'm sure are going to catch on real quick:
Allalyn
Asharene
Caribeth
Sallelise
Laurnaclairica
I'll keep thinking...I am interested in the list so I don't submit ones you hate. Perhaps you should offer some sort of prize.
Abigail is really cute... you do pick names I really like, I am way better at coming up with boy names. I liked Jennifer (I know it was way over used for our generation but I like the nickname Jenny.) I also like the scottish name Bronwyn and the name Edith... Hubby hated all those names so it is good we had boys.
I want to know the names you picked!! And I really liked Petunias family names!!
I came up with a few more but I can only remember one of them....
Alicia
Let me think for a minute...
Oh, Cheryl. Still waiting for that list :)
I love the new page by the way, and what about Addison?
I always liked the name Allison...
haha. Just kidding. Ummm...
Alexia is cute,
Andrea,
Ashlee spelled that way
I'll keep thinking.
Love you!
What about Clara? I've also heard the name Cora today and thought that was cute.
umm...i wasn't going to tell you the ones i really love because i don't want you to steal them either =) but then i thought what the heck, you probably won't like them anyway. nate and i always talk about baby names. i am insistant upon naming daughters:
libby
hazel
maggie
and sons I don't know so much, but i know i love the name Blaine, but you're not having a boy so that doesn't really matter. but don't use any of the girl names kthanks =) names i do like, though...I think Gwen is a beautiful name, like Gwenyth, and I like other welsh names like that. I LOVE the name Kate. I love the name Blanche and Blythe, but you might have a hard time with those =) I also love southern names!
Oh, Kristen! Names are so hard. If you don't want to do the A thing don't. There was one A name from our last book club...Abra(not sure of the spelling), but then Ashley N. and I discussed that it could be said with a long A sound (which I prefer) or a short A sound as in Abracadabra. Or she could be made fun of if you spell it A BRA.So all I'm saying is that I know I'm lots of help and I think whatever you choose will be great! I thought NIcole was naming her little girl Lindsey, so that one's still up for grabs. There, I've put in my teo cents. Now, I'll just wait to hear what name the little whipper snapper ends up with.
The first A name that I thought of was Abby too. I have an Abigail, who goes by Abby in my class this year and she is such a cute, smart girl!
We never agree on this topic which means I don't have any good choices leftover. This also means we probably shoudn't have another girl. I do really like Charlotte and Rozlyn though:)
check out this website: www.nymbler.com
Here are my top choices:
Addyson/Addison
Ashlyn
Amanda
Rebecca
Jillian
Katherine
I know there were more we contemplaed, but my post preggo brain can't think of them right now. We still have a few months to help you figure it out ;)
Alyssa? Abigail? Claire.....I like Rebecca, too. Jessica is one I want to do someday. you've got lots of great suggestions here...
Post a Comment