Saturday, December 22, 2007

I'm glad I didn't ask for peace on earth

Recent Conversation at our house:

Aubrey: What do you want for Christmas mom?
Me: Oh, I think I would like a happy family-- you know, everyone be nice to each other.
Aubrey: Well, you're not going to get that! It's too hard! How about some pots and pans?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, that's funny! That's the exact conversation I'd have with my mom at Christmas time!

Liz said...

HAHA!! Very astute observation from a 5 year old! :) Are the pots and pans a foreshadow of what you're actually getting? I guess we'll find out in a few days!

Welcome back to blogland!

Anonymous said...

Thats funny. She a funny gal! Thanks for sharing!

Sunnie said...

so glad you are back. i'm sad i couldn't be there for the 5K. maybe next time. i bet it was fun! hope you guys have a good christmas. and did you get my message? i just thought aubrey might find it strange if she came to our house and there were bikes by the tree and it wasn't christmas yet. not a big deal, but just thought i'd warn you. see you when we get back! thanks for helping with the fishy.

Ashley Seil Smith said...

hahaha, I can't wait to see her. I asked her what she wanted on the phone the other day and she was like "ohhhh, I don't know, I think I'm just gonna wait around and see what Santa brings me" and then she asked me what I wanted and I said that same kind of thing, and she said "Well, that's alright ash, some people just do that, they JUST DO THAT." haha, it was so funny. I love that little girl, I can't wait to see her.

Court and Jill said...

Are you kidding me?? That is hilarious! Aubrey has style!

mommymoocow said...

That's so funny. Aren't kids great!

Emma Jo said...

You guys are too funny.