Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Brother's First Real Haircut

Chad threatened to cut Drew's hair himself if I didn't taken him somewhere to do it, and let's face it, I knew it was pretty nappy. I tried to trim it myself several times but he moved so much I was afraid I'd jab his head with the scissors. So I took him to the friendly neighborhood Clip Its hair salon where they did it for me, and he was SO good.

Here's the before picture, it isn't good I know, but I was trying to sit him on the chair alone and get him to look while Aubrey was eating Skittles, and I think he wanted some. Right after this picture, he fell off the chair on the tiled floor while lunging for Skittles. I am not going to win the Motherhood award for that one, I know.

So here's before:



Here's during... my sister Lisa took this picture, as they had me hold him, so I had to be draped too. I wished I could have gotten the zebra striped one. Andrew really made a statement with that one. He was so happy during the haircut, looking at himself in the mirror, clapping his hands, jabbering away.



Here's after. He looks more like a toddler and less like a baby, which is scary and a little sad. But he's cute regardless, so I think this was a success.

19 comments:

Ginger said...

He looks so cute Kristen! And where do they hide that Zebra striped one? :) I'll have to ask for it next time :)

The Funky Bunch said...

Hey Kristin. Your kids are SO adorable. I love them! What cuties! Looks like you guys had a nice Christmas. It was great to get your Christmas letter, thanks for sending one our way! Hope to hear from you soon! Love always, Mylee:)

scraphappymama said...

He looks so grown up. i remember Russell's first haircut, I about cried. It's never easy to see your little boy grow up so much right before your eyes. He's a cutie - but you knew that already :)

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Im glad he did so good!!

Liz said...

Wow, that is AMAZING that he did so well with that! People on the street must have thought we were torturing Baby D! Maybe next time I'll do to Great Clips- it has to be the zebra cover! Too cute! I love his smile!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

i love that little one, he looks so handsome

Sunnie said...

he looks so grown up. funny how that works. love that elle got the same bike. santa must shop at the same store. and jake and i play rock paper scissors sometimes (we used to more than we do now) to see who has to get the phone. and i love the pics of the nightgowns. the last one is so funny. you look so angry!

Christy said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! That first hair cute is always so sad. I cried a little when we cut Oli's the first time because we cut of all his curls....

Ash said...

That is the cutest first hair cut! What a handsome fella! I love the Indian dresses. I hope to see you wearing it at church. Oh wait, I think you said it was a night gown. No matter, no one will know the difference. :)

Carrie said...

haha that is fabulous!! i can't believe he was so good for you!! yay for good children!

Court and Jill said...

It is sad to see little kiddos get their first hair cut and suddenly look like a toddler! He looks adorable though!!!

mommymoocow said...

Truly it is the season for little boys' haircuts. Donny got his hair cut last week, too, and so did my baby boy !!!!

Cute pics all around. :)

Emma Jo said...

There's nothing like a good fresh haircut. Such a cute cute boy!!

Lindsay said...

He is such a handsome man! I love that kid.

Kirkhams said...

He's officially a little man now! I do love a clean new hair cut on little boys. Speaking of...I need to attempt Spencer's soon.

Quite Content said...

He looks so cute. We cut Alex's hair on Saturday. It does make them look more grown up. It's sad, but I agree that they couldn't look anything but cute.

Court and Jill said...

Hey Kristen, I'm going private with my blog so email me at joinblog@live.com so I can know what YOUR email is (I lost it). Then I can email you an invite. make sense? You don't have to though. I'm a faithful follower of your blog, just so you know!! Can't wait for a new post!

Allie said...

I am so glad you founf my blog! I will add you to mine right away! I was hesitant about this blog thing at first and now I love using it as a journal, and this fun experience was the perfect time to do that! Thanks for your message! Well, it took us all day today to find flights we could get on that didn't take us somewhere freezing, and we are off to California tomorrow! Thanks again for the comment, I am excited to add you! Oh and by the way, love the haircut pics of your little man! He's so precious.

Christy said...

About he is about ready for another hair cut by now ;)