You spell Andrew like this: A-n-x-i-e-t-y
I think the boogie man has come in the night and taken away our sweet, mellow, low-key little boy and replaced him with the one we have now-- the clingy, crying, needy, high strung version. And I want the old model back. I think it's a combo of Stranger Anxiety, Attachment, and entering the Terrible Twos. He only likes to be held, pretty much at all times, and when you put him down, he cries and cries and clings to your pant legs, rendering you unable to walk away without knocking him down and then you do, and he throws himself to the floor, crying like it's the end of the world. Repeat this scenario what seems like 50 times, and there you have my day. Actually, it's not complete without several diaper changes, all of which are poopy, and require two people, because he fights this battle like a pro, squirming and twisting to get away. And also eating. Eating is another battle, because he is learning to talk and sign but a lot of signs look the same and so he may look like he is signing "milk" but what he really wants is "washcloth." And he insists upon feeding himself, which inevitably makes a gigantic mess, and sometimes breaks even the plastic bowls we have (had). He used to be pretty open to eating anything but is getting pickier and so we have a lot of food being dropped over the edge of the high chair. Oh my goodness, I just want him to be happy, but I think it's going to get worse before it gets better. Which is okay. It's all a part of growing up I guess. For both of us.
It's times like this I want to (and do) give Andrew a big hug and say, "Dude, I love you, but you're driving me crazy!" And I wonder, if he could talk, if he would say the same thing. :)
8 comments:
That is so cute. I know what you're going through because I'm going through this with Brooklyn. She's only 6 months (and the doctor said it was early to be doing this) but she wants no one but me. And is that way all the time and has been for probably the past 2 months. It drives me crazy and I can't get anything done. She won't even go to Mike half the time. She'll be fine if she can't see me or hear me, but once she does, it's over!! I can't wait until she likes other people!
yikes. poor kid. i just pictured him getting knocked to the ground and crying. that makes me sad. hope things get better for you two.
love all the posts. sorry for the andrew anxiety and food issues and all. glad he's in nursery. we're just hitting the hard "church in the hallway" phase with jada. and about aubrey and the lovebugs, hmmm. i'm not really ready for that discussion either. i can't think about kindergarten too much or i'll have anxiety.
It'll be so fun to see the difference between boys and girls growing up! Was Aubs this way? I don't remember...I seem to be thinking she was. I wonder if I'll have picky eater kids...Steven is sure one heck of a picky eater, that's for sure.
Sometimes it's WWF around here during diaper changing time. I have to pin Linc down with my leg to get him to stay on his back and to keep poop from getting on the floor or anywhere. I wonder what my wrestling name would be.......?
Kara gets all clingy like that almost every night at about 5:00 lately. I do not know why, but it is frustrating so I can understand a little bit where you're coming from. We also have a huge mess ALL over the floor every time after Kara eats. She is way pickier than Heidi ever was about food. Well, sweet little man, I'm sure he'll grow out of it soon enough. I'd hug him and hold him for a while for you (if he'd let me)!
You're both great...hang in there!!
haha, i can't even picture him like that! crazy!
Post a Comment