This I Know
There are very few things I know for sure. In fact, the older I get, the more I realize how little I really do know. But there is one thing that is certain for me, and that is, that I know God has a hand in my life. I have known, from an early age, that God is aware of me. I knew He hears my prayers and answers them. I have always known that I am one of His children. I have been blessed with that awareness, that has ebbed and flowed, through the years leading up to the present time. I have felt closer to Him at some points than others, and I have come to understand that when I have felt distanced from heaven, that it is through my own doing. And that when I do what I am supposed to be doing, that distance narrows. I know that God is waiting for me to ask for the blessings I need, because He so wants to give them to me, and He will and He does. I am beginning to understand the meaning of praying earnestly and with real intent.
I have been so richly blessed. Most recently, my experience with Caitlyn has taught me a great deal-- but the overarching truth has always been that Heavenly Father loves me so much. I know that He does. And maybe more special than knowing he takes care of us in the "big" trials, is knowing that he is with us even in our day to day struggles. It's amazing really. He who created this vast universe we are only just beginning to explore and understand, created us as His crowning creation and knows each one of us, who has ever or will ever live. He knows when we struggle with the daily effort of being good moms and wives. He understands the pressure we feel to do everything right.
I appreciate more and more the Savior's sacrifice on my behalf. I know the atonement was a personal, that He suffered not only for the many wrong choices I make and sins I have committed, but he also felt every sorrow I have ever felt, all the grief that I have ever experienced, and all the pain that has been a burden I have carried. And we can turn our sorrows and our grief and our pain to Him, and he will take our burdens away. The atonement is a healing power. The Savior can heal us, if we let him. He loves us so much that he voluntarily gave his life for me and for you.
I am in awe of my children and their ability to teach me important gospel truths. Recently, we finished reading our Book of Mormon Stories book, and at the end, it tells of Moroni's promise to know that it is true, by aaking in faith. Well, determined as I was to facilitate spiritual experiences with Aubrey, that I decided that we would do as the scripture directs and ask in faith to know if the Book of Mormon was true. We did so. Aubrey seemed uncomfortable, and she conveyed the message that, why wouldn't it be true? And asking to know if something is true when you already know doesn't make any sense.
No comments:
Post a Comment