The Budding Garbageman
For quite some time now, Andrew has taken it upon himself to throw his diapers away. In fact, he takes job so seriously that he gets mad and throws a tantrum if I, in haste, do it for him. He also is handy for throwing any other trash away. I have no explanation for this other than he just loves throwing stuff away. This is to his detriment at times, like when I found his sippy cup in the trash can. However, the positives outweigh the negatives here. I am all in favor of Andrew taking responsibility early. I just hope it continues.
We're so proud of our garbageman-in-training. He's proud of himself too.
If his career as a garbageman doesn't work out, he can have his next choice, a professional clothes-taker-offer. After throwing things away, his next favorite activity is undressing himself. We have to keep shorts on him at all times or else we will find him without a diaper on (but at least hopefully he has thrown it away). And irrespective of where we are, he frequently yanks his shirt over his head. This particular instance below was at the dinner table. This causes problems when he can't take it the rest of the way off and then he has on what resembles a ladies bolero jacket. At least he smiled as prettily for the camera.
Throwing stuff away and wearing as little clothing as possible... typical boy behavior or should I worry?
15 comments:
Cute page layout!!!! and cute picture of your family!
That trash throwing business must be pretty handy! Joe use to flush things down the toilet when he was that age. It took me ages to figure out that he was flushing all those missing binkies. Oli LOVED being naked, he still wears as little as possible for the occasion. I had to enforce underwear when he started kindergarden.
oh my gosh i love that boy so much!
ahh! so cute! And he's workin' that bolero look...
I don't think throwing things away (actually putting them away at all) is typical boy behavior. Sorry, I think you either have a super-sensitive son or a deeply-troubled boy. The clothes thing, however, is completely normal. Usually boys throw their clothes down all over without picking them up. Maybe you just have a new, improved genetic strain.
BTW, Kristen, what is your email? I will send you a copy of the book.
Ok, sorry one more comment. I'm sorry--I know it is kristIn, sorry to be sloppy and do and e instead.
That's so funny. And yeah, great that he throws them away himself. I wish Brooklyn would start doing that, cause man, her diapers are pretty stinky sometimes. And hey, I heard garbage men actually make a lot of money! Something to think about! Lol!! The clothes thing is so funny. Lots of kids go through stages where they don't want to wear anything!! Interesting to see where and how often he does this!
He's just way too cute! I love the smile on the bolero picture, it looks like one of the ones his sister used to do at that age. Hooray for throwing out trash, hopefully he'll learn soon what's good to get rid of and what isn't. Kiss that little man for me!
oh my gosh, i had to come back and look at these pictures again today because they made me so happy when i saw them the first time.
i sure do love love love that little man.
how cute! what a sweet little boy you have. i hope youre praising him for throwing things away cause i doubt that stage will last long!!
How cute! Andrew is growing up so fast. By the way, we have his little twinkle twinkle/muffin man car. Brayden loves it but sometimes drives me crazy with the same 2 songs. What a radio!
Your bread looks soooo yummy! I'll have to get that recipe from you. I'm always looking for good recipes...especially if they tested and approved :)
I love that little man. That bolero picture is awesome...what a cheeseball. I, too, am impressed with his ability to help cut down on clutter. However, I am glad we found my ipod that he mistook for clutter when you visited :).
I'm still looking at the Bolero picture...his hair even looks wind blown. It's perfect!
DonDon doesn't seem to have the problem of wanting to take his clothes off yet. He does like throwing things away. His favorite thing is his obsession with my high heeled shoes. I think I should be more worried than you need to be. ;)
What ever he decides to do he is going to get far with that smile. He is sooo stinking cute!
Post a Comment