The gold medal for the bronze, the Flip Top Head, and the guy who asked me out at Wal-Mart
In light of the Olympics going on right now, I wanted to give Andrew a couple gold medals of his own. We all know he gets the gold medal for eating fruit snacks, and I wanted to award him a couple more. Perhaps the first gold medal should actually be a bronze medal because imagine the joy I experienced on Sunday to wake up and find Andrew on the side of my bed, completely covered from head to toe in my bronzing powder. Apparently, I had left my makeup where he could reach it, and while daddy was talking on the phone, he wandered in, took off the lid to the bronzer, and dumped it on himself. I know you might be laughing right now, but I can assure you, cleaning bronzer out of the carpet, is NOT funny at all. On the bright side, (literally) Andrew's face had a nice lustrous tan look the rest of the day.
Secondly, Andrew gets a gold medal for stealthily making his way into the terrible twos. Honestly, he has made the transition so fast, I am wondering where my sweet little boy has gone. And then I remember, oh yeah, he is almost two. One of his fun daily behaviors these days is throwing his head back and yelling. Remember that toothbrush commercial way back when, that featured the guy with a flip top head? Well, that's Andrew. I don't know what kind of gymnastics his neck has to do to allow this, but let's just say, Andrew is talented.
Lastly, and this has nothing to do with Andrew, but with me and my new friend at the Salvation Army. On Friday, I went to pick up my wheat order in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Well, I thought as long as I was there, I would unload a couple things we had to give away, to the Salvation Army truck in the parking lot. As I pulled around, I saw the guy that was working there, attending the truck, and I noticed that he was, for lack of a better phrase, a little rough around the edges. Not drunk-looking or really burly and hairy, but just the kind of guy that made me want to get in and out as fast as possible. But as soon as I got out of my car, he started making conversation. And before I had everything unloaded from my car, and everything was said and done, he had complimented my hair several times, calling it, "jazzy" ("your hair looks so jazzy, wow, it looks jazzy and don't let no one tell your any different".) (And just for the record, I looked like a bum.) Even better than the nice compliments on my hair, he also asked me if I had plans for the weekend! That was fun. (I was like, "hello? I have a minivan and two kids in the car!") Never before have I been so glad that Chad had already planned a date for us! As I pulled away, I was reminded of the weirdos that asked me out during my goth stage in high school, and I called my dear husband and told him he had some competition. And then said, just kidding! and thanked my lucky stars for Chad.
15 comments:
Hahahhaah, girl's still lookin' good, that's why! And I sure hope you took a picture of Andrew, that would be a sight to see on that little white boy!
Kids and getting into moms makeup: why is that such an interesting combination?? It's like they're drawn to it, can't get enough of it! We never had this problem with Brandon, he just ate Mike's deodorant!! And you are one hot momma!! Still getting asked on dates! Whoo, you go girl!!
Ash and I are lol! He's too cute the silly little man, wish I could have seen him with his lustrous glow! :)
LOL, Kristin. That is awesome. You shouldn't have told us about what a rough character he was, though. You got to play that stuff up!
i've always thought your hair was jazzy. maybe he was goth back in high school too so he felt like the two of you could relate. maybe you and i could go on a double date with salvation army man and ihop mo. that might be fun.
haha, i love that mom said that we were "lol" - i'm going to have to make fun of her for that.
i love that little man with all of my heart, he is such a funny boy!
Hilarious! The head back thing is hilarious. I'm surprised he doesn't get whiplash or something but it is funny. I'm sure the fits aren't as funny. I have to turn around sometimes so Brayden doesn't seem me smiling sometimes.
Hahahaha..... and so what would you have done if Chad hadn't made plans for you?! :) It's always nice to be hit on, I'd take anything these days! Your son is too hilarious. My daughter is about the same age and she is so the same in pretending she is in dire need of attention... all the time! It's way cuter when it's someone else's kid.
we keep watching that over here in india. i just love that little boy, he is so stinking cute.
I'm still laughing about jazzy. I'm going to start incorporating that word into my vocabulary. Your blog always makes me laugh.
Gosh, I wish I had hair as jazzy as yours. I'd like to know how often people get hit on in a Walmart parking lot, because that happened to me once also. It was a week after I had given birth to Heidi, nonetheless. Us Seil sisters are just a bunch of hotties I guess.
Also, I cracked up at the description of Andrew's flip top head. He is exactly like that cartoon Reach toothbrush guy. Too funny.
ROFL!!!! That video cracks me up! Probably only because we're going through the same thing over here- can you believe we'll have 2 year olds in a couple of months? YIPE!
Don doesn't throw his head back, but his tantrums consist of VERY high pitched shreeks, and lots of them at that. It's supersonic.
Do men not look for that ring on the 4th finger anymore? Yeah, today I think I'm going to leave my husband with whom I have 3 kids and jet off into the sunset with a stranger. Sure thing...
I love that boy...you're right though, he is talkin' up a storm. And I really hope you have a bronze picture of him...that's awesome but I'm sorry you had to clean it up. Love ya!
First of all your hair is jazzy and don't let any one tell you any different.
I love the breaks he took ni his tantrum to make sure you were still paying attention.
oh my gosh how did you not start laughing so hard at him?? that was too funny. im positive his head touched his feet at one point!
Post a Comment