I'm 27... Can I still shop in the Juniors section?
27 to me, is a big birthday. You're no longer 26, which is just past 25, your mid-twenties. You're one year closer to 28, which is just shy of 29, almost 30. I actually don't feel any different than I did yesterday, but I'm one year older. So weird, how birthdays are like that. I had a super fabulous birthday though. Chad gave me a shopping trip with my sister for my birthday, so I scored some cute clothes, etc. which was very fun. I like shopping. He made the most delicious french toast in the world for breakfast, and I didn't have to do anything (ie, dishes etc.) all day long. It was pretty sweet. Plus he made me an awesomely large birthday cake that Aubrey helped decorate.
(I look sort of awkward in this picture, but the cake looks great!)
Aubrey made decorations for the walls, and also cut out her own Pin The Tail on the Donkey game for us to play after dinner. (Apparently, she was dismayed at the lack of party games and such because, when I was putting her to bed, I thanked her again for the games and decorations and she said to me something like, "Well, at parties, you are supposed to have games, and you didn't, so... Happy Birthday!")
Because I spent three days in San Antonio this past week, and then my sister came back with me for the rest of the week here, it was pretty much the birthday celebration week. I had way too much fun for one person, and we did fun things, I got to talk to my sisters, and I did whatever I wanted, just because I felt like it. Woo, I love birthdays.
19 comments:
Happy Birthday girl!! 27!! You're old. Lol!! I'll be 27 in December. So we'll both be old together! But hey, we're not nearly as old as our hubbies! LOL!! Glad you had a great time! You deserve it!
Happy birthday, Kristin! Birthdays are fun, even if you're 27. I turn 28 in a few short months, and I'm hoping it's still going to be fun! :) But seriously, there's nothing like a shopping trip to make any kind of holiday or celebration great!
Happy Birthday! I'm glad it was such a great one. You're still so young compared to me. :) I'm coming up on the big 30 this next year. AHHHH! I guess it's bound to happen eventually though.
Ah! Happy Birthday! Also, glad to have a hurricane update from your neck of the wood! I"m glad you guys had minimal damage and got out for a few days. I"m so mad at the news right now! They've completely forgotten that a hurricane hit all my friends last week and have been having a rough time! Politics politics blah blah blah! Anyway, I'm francic for news that everyone is OK!
27 was way harder for me to deal with than 30 for some reason.
I totally got jipped out of a b-day cake this year... there was no way of getting one. I plan to make up for that pretty soon with a trip to RJ goodies.
It was definitely a great birthday celebration week! And for the record, she was able to buy many of the cute clothes she'll be sporting in the Juniors section. Tiny Binney.
Happy Birthday Kristin! You are so young still! And I think it's perfectly fine to shop in the Jr's section, especially when you are as itty bitty as you are. Love your blog!
Happy Birthday! Your Cake Looks Yummy!
Happy Birthday Kristin!
I would be all smiles if I had a super fun birthday like you. Congratulations and I am so happy that you had some games at your birthday party, courtesy of Aubrey.
Happy Birthday! Wait til you turn 31. You can't say you're just 30...you're now IN your 30's. So is it better to tell people you're 31 so you don't sound older than you really are?Hmmm, something to think about! I think the Jr. section is the greatest. In fact, I think getting your hair cut at kool-cuts for kids would even be a good idea!
I was laughing at Shern Min Chow. I didn't see that on the news, but Jeff doesn't get too excited about the drama she puts into some of her reports.
Also, nice bucket-o-cream cheese! Is in in the fridge for the whole 2 days straining? Weird, but fun to try maybe.
Happy Birthday!! It sounds like a fun celebration and I love Aubrey's pin the tail on the donkey game. That is so cute!
I am glad that you had a great birthday week. Lily was concerned when I turned 28 that I didn't have any balloons. I glad that you guys made it through Ike without anything major happening to you.
Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was a great one.
Honestly who's counting anymore? It's not like there are any more deadlines or age limits to look forward to anymore. After 25, who cares? (In case you were wondering that's when you get a better deal on a rental car) I guess you get some pretty good deals at 65 so maybe I'll look forward to that now.
by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm glad you were born and that you live close to me. :)
I'm glad you had so much fun. You're great...and I also still love how Aubs made you a game.
Kristin- You always were my favorite. I love you. I'll wait for your birthday blog post. Mom and I are enjoying the UK, Italy and Germany so far. We are headed for Seville, Spain on Friday and Saturday. I'll check and see if I can find the barber of Seville while we are there. Love Dad.
How fun! What a great day. Happy birthday. Good for Aubrey and her games.
happy birthday kristin!!
I think 26 is old. And I still shop in juniors and Im just one year behind you. You are so skinny I bet you could shop in the little girls (I tried it for a long time....and hey, its way cheaper!!!) Love ya, happy birthday!!
Post a Comment