Thursday, November 06, 2008

A Love Letter, By Kristin

My Dearest Sweaters,

It has been nearly a year since we have been together. How I have missed you, sweaters! With longing, I look at you, hanging together, in my closet. So many different colors and styles, so lovely and soft. You would liven up my life and my wardrobe should weather permit me to wear you. Alas, it has been too warm. The cooler weather which should fall upon us in October has yet to arrive. Hence, our autumn rendezvous has been postponed. Do not think that I have avoided you-- in truth, every day, I hope for the chance for us to be together as we should be. Oh what joy will be mine when at long last, a cold front will come through. My dearest sweaters, we will be reunited. I will pull you off the hanger and put you on. I pray that time is soon upon us. Our time together is always much too brief as it is. Let us hope for colder temperatures, beginning soon. Until then, know that I am as ever,

Yours truly,
Kristin

14 comments:

travelingtxmom said...

I'm laughing out loud! You're so creative, all those years of Nerdbomber are paying off. And alas, I too miss my sweaters, I'm wondering if I'll ever get to use any here.

Liz said...

I know how you feel. My boots are missing me terribly. I saw one pair crying in my closet the other day. :(

Christy said...

I have a much better relationship with my summer cloths, who really know how to flatter me, than I do with my winter cloths.

Sarah Livingston said...

I too carry on a secret love affair with my sweaters. Someday we will be reunited!

Braden Bell said...

I am with you on this one. I have sweaters that I long to wear all year. One solution has been to go to sweater vests which are almost as good but can be worn in warmer temperatures.

Sunnie said...

i am kind of the opposite. don't get me wrong- i am wanting the heat gone for good, but my wardrobe is sparse as far as winter clothes go. we just hardly ever need them here so i don't have too many!

Ash said...

I'm cool with wearing my flip flops year round. Although, I do enjoy an occasional sweater.

p.s. you're hilarious

Lindsay said...

You're a kick! I was thinking you were writing to Sweeters at first and I couldn't figure out who that was.

allison said...

Hahahah...I know, I don't know what I'd do if I was still in warm weather. I'm sure it's coming your way soon! We finally got snow here this week!!!

Anonymous said...

Haha!! that was hilarious!!! I am definitely not a sweater person. I hate them. Sweaters and turtlnecks both. I can appreciate a love ode to your sweaters though!

I also thought you said sweeters...

Emma Jo said...

Maybe you could just turn your AC way up...or cut the sleeves off all your sweaters. I hope you get to wear them soon!

Slim said...

I so love to read your blog because of treats like this! I am laughing aloud once again, and I totally agree with you! Where is the cold weather????

Slim said...

Oh and by the way, Aubrey is one smart cookie! It was fun to get to know her tonight at Indy's party. She is reading awesome!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

hahahah. we've definitely been wearing sweaters here. it makes me wonder how much i will miss cold weather if we ever live down south again...