Monday, January 12, 2009

The rewards of being an educator...

Chad got the police called on him today by a parent of a student whose cell phone got taken away. Never mind that Chad was following school policy AND state law.

Nothing happened with it, of course, and we'll just stick it in the catalog of ridiculous experiences Chad has had as an educator (like the time a kid at the school tried, unsuccessfully, to hide the f-bomb in a piece of artwork for his art class). The joys...

14 comments:

Christy said...

What a stupid parent! They called the POLICE. I hope the police gave them a talking to about wasting their time.

Court and Jill said...

That's ridiculous. Nothing like a big pat on the back for all his hard work.. Ha!

Ash said...

Did the FBI break down your door yet for Chad's accomplice in planning an assination of Obama? That's next.
I laughed about this post. I don't know why this stuff is so funny to me.

Lindsay said...

What the?! I want to hear more about this story. Did the police actually call Chad? Some people have issues...

Whitney said...

That is insane! Some parents just are nuts-o!

Berly said...

WHAT? that is crazy!!

Cindy H said...

Toby has plenty of fun stories to tell of being on the other end. THe policeman who has to come for ths stupiest of reasons!!

Liz said...

Seriously- the police? For a cell phone? Good grief@!

travelingtxmom said...

Nice way to start a week...is Chad thinking of skipping Mondays from now on, that's two wacko ones in a row. What was that parent thinking? Oh wait...they must have had a lobotomy recently.

Love the new blog look!

P.S. Okay, this is one of the weirdest WV's I've ever had "fackboig"!

Julia said...

Gosh. PARENTS sometimes. I got the cops called at me once when I worked for a property management company once for trespassing...even though their contract was up so THEY were trespassing...anything sucks when you know you're in the right, it's just such a hassle!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

haha, that's ridiculous.

The Funky Bunch said...

Oh that's funny! I would seriously laugh if I were the cop that got called. Way to take charge Chad!

123 checkoutourfamily said...

It's parents like that that should have to have a license to create.

I have some good stories about parents. Don't get me started :)

Anonymous said...

thats funny!!!