Monday, January 05, 2009

Skipping

Secondly, she has finally (or so I thought) figured out skipping. It's taken her a while; she's been attempting to skip for a long time, but the closest she's ever gotten to it was really more of a gallop than a skip. She finally got it though, and has been skipping around everywhere, even the distance between her door and her bed, which is really the distance of about two skips. I can't recall the exact day or time when it finally clicked for her... in fact, she may have figured it out at school. Anyway, I have really applauded her for it, and made sort of a big deal about it. And then I finally asked her, because I didn't know, when it was she finally learned how. And she told me it was when she was four. Two years ago? Have I not noticed for two years? Or, was the gallop she was doing the same to her as skipping and she wondered why I haven't been impressed before? Or has she realized what she is doing now really is skipping and now is insulted by me making a big deal out of it because it means I knew all along she wasn't skipping before? I'm probably thinking too hard. It's an interesting conundrum. Should I continue to praise, or not?

No comments: