This is not the picture of someone who has it all together...
I feel like I have been SO busy. I always have something in the morning, and then something after school or at night, and stuff to do during the day. It's why I haven't blogged in forever. And it's definitely wearing me down. That same day that Andrew wanted to wear his Cars pajamas, I made my every-so-often trip down to the Yankee Candle store with Chad's mom. This has become sort of a tradition because we both like Yankee Candles and we both get coupons, so we go there with our BOGO coupons and cash in. Well, that day, we headed over there after school. We got to the mall, and I realized I had no purse. I had left it at home. I had only picked up my keys, and walked out the door. Furthermore, Andrew was in his pajamas, and Aubrey had a large chocolate moustache. I did change Andrew into normal clothes that I had in the car before going in, but his shoes and socks were in my purse, so he wasn't going to have either of those. I could have run to Payless and gotten him some shoes, which he needs anyway, but oops! Didn't have my purse! So, as I walked into the mall, pushing a kid in a stroller with no shoes or socks, a daughter with a chocolate moustache (Which I got her wipe off) and no purse (and therefore coupons and money to buy Yankee Candles with, the whole purpose for the trip in the first place) I thought to myself, "This is not the picture of someone who has it all together!" So I am working on that!
It was nice to see my mom for a few hours yesterday. She flew here early from India because my sister in Utah is on bedrest for another month before she has her baby. We took Aubs out of school a little early and hung out at our house during my mom's layover to Utah. That was fun. Barbies. Always playing Barbies. I gotta hand it to my mom, she's a trooper, after that 26 hour flight here, she didn't fall asleep at all during Barbie's wedding (which is more than I can do sometimes... Barbie has only gotten married about 20 gazillion times by now).
Oh, there's so much more to blog about, but this boring, no pictures one has been long enough.
While Aubrey and my mom were getting Barbie hitched, I spent my time brushing out the tangles from the Aurora Barbie's hair. A couple years ago, when she was new, she had cute little ringlets in her hair. Now she had dredlocks. She was on perma bad hair day. I brushed it out and it was very frizzy and wild, but I braided it and now it is nice and neat. But I couldn't help think about myself while I was brushing Barbie's curly hair. I know how she felt! That frizzy wild hair is something I am all too familiar with these days! I don't know why but I feel like I have been on perma bad hair day. And face day. I thought I was done with puberty and its accompanying bad hair and acne, but apparently, I've been blessed with a second youth.
No comments:
Post a Comment