When life gives you lemons...
Or in my case, when life gives you a whole carton of cracked eggs (because they fell out of your fridge when you reached for the tortillas)... When life gives you cracked eggs, make Angel Food Cake. (That's what I did).
In other news, I got this love note today from Aubrey after a particularly difficult hairstyle manuever... the ever painful Topsy Tail. 
("Mom's the Worst Hair Doer Ever!!!") (With no less than three exclamation points.)
It even came in a cute white envelope with my name on the front. When Chad got wind of this, he gave me a lesson in the finer arts of brushing girls' hair. (As he has been known for quite some time in our household as "The Champion Hair Brusher") Chad's main point was the need to go slow when brushing her hair. This I know. But he isn't here when it's 8:05 in the morning and we needed to leave five minutes ago for school and Aubs hasn't yet brushed her hair herself. That is when there's no time for slow hair brushing. So hmph.
Chad got a note today too. He's been sick. His note said: "Feel better Dad. Love, Aubrey." Hmph.
Andrew drew on the arm of the couch with an orange marker, and all over the fireplace tile with brown crayon. He drew on the countertop with red marker, but that came off. He also poked me in the eye really hard. Hmph.
I don't know why Saturday gets all the glory for being "A Special Day" because, today, Sunday, was pretty special, all in all, I have to tell you.
I'm going to go eat some Angel Food Cake.
13 comments:
Do I need to have a chat with Miss A about the meaning of "love" notes? Sounds like you had a splendid day with both those little sweetheart stinkers. So glad you had some cake to help make it better! :)
hahaha, it was a fake out...well, i'll let you brush my hair any time. And did the other stuff come off that andyroo wrote on?? Hope today's been better! Love you!
This is Dad - I haven't laughed this hard in a long time! I know your day wasn't stellar but the way you described it was hilarious to a person who didn't have to live through it. I hope you had TWO pieces of angel food cake! I love you! You are great!!!!!!!!!! (with 10 exclamation points)
I can't stop laughing.
I still have anger towards my mom from how she brushed my hair and practically split my scalp when pulling my hair into piggy tails when I was little.
lol...oh man. That was a great post. Why has Anders taken to coloring all over everything? That note, though hurtful, was hilarious. I can't believe she wrote and delivered it to you. Oh my. I'm still laughing. I hope the cake was terrific and more satisfying than your Saturday. Love you!
My Saturday sounds just like yours. HMPH!! I didn't spill eggs, but spilled fruit cocktail/pineapple juice and fruit all over the floor and the dog. So, the dog had to get a bath, I had to reclean the floor, and clean the mat, plus other things. So much fun!!
Love the note, that was so funny.I can't belive she gave it to you. I saw that Topsy Tail on Sunday and i think you should get great mom points for it. You did better then i did with Abbie's hair. We resort to just one clip to hold the hair out of her face. I am so not creative with her hair. So enjoy that cake. Your a Great mom.
hahahaha, oh goodness. but they're still cute! and probably i am the worse hair doer. I tried putting heidi's hair in corn rows and only got halfway done because she got sick of me. it looked pretty awesome.
Tell her if she writes you any more not so lovey love notes you will not brush her hair and she will have to go to school with bedhead. Natural consequence right :)
Did you try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? That really is magic. It works for everything
I found this hilarios, eventhough im sure you didnt feel that way at the time!
And Ashley- I really want to see a pic of Heidis hair in forn rows!
You have a knack for making me laugh or cry! Oh, do I understand those days although my boys don't usually get upset about ponytails. We do have the fight about the length of hair and how it falls across the forehead and the whiplash he is going to get flipping it around! Was the cake good?
Oh and thanks for the links to all those other parkway ladies I miss.
Ok seriously...that's hilarious! I can't stop laughing!
wow--love that note from your daughter:) What a smart idea to actually make something with eggs that just broke!
Post a Comment