February 13-15: Valentine's Day in Dallas
Chad and I thought it would be fun to go to Dallas to visit some family for Valentine's Day. We originally wanted to go and watch the BYU vs. TCU basketball game but later scrapped that idea in favor of just hanging out with the fam. As we were planning our trip, we found out one of Chad's good friends from high school was blessing his new baby that weekend just 30 minutes away so it was a perfect time to go. Unfortunately, Aubs and Andrew both got sick right before we were to leave so we didn't know if we were going to be able to make it. Fortunately, they got better and we were able to go as planned. We really wanted to get out of town, because we had stayed home for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and hadn't even left Houston city limits since like last September. So by the time February rolled around, we were feeling pretty stir crazy. Luckily, Chad's brother and his family were nice enough to let us come visit them. Aubrey loves to play with her 6 Dallas Stolle cousins, and Andrew is happy to tag along as well, so it's always fun for the cousins.
And Chad enjoys hanging out with his brother, and I enjoy chatting with Elise about bargain hunting, coupon deals, blogging, and other things we like to do. We decided to go to this steak restaurant that Mike and Chad had been to before and really loved. So we got a babysitter for all the children and headed off to our Valentine's Day date destination: Sweetie Pie's.
It was a small restaurant in a country town, but it is famous for its Ribeye Steak and it was packed, of course, being Valentine's Day. While we waited, we walked around the town square and looked in the windows of the antique storefronts while freezing our buns off.
We finally decided to wait in the car with the heater on. But we needed to have somebody stay close to the restaurant so we would know when our name was called. So, Chad, ever chivalrous, went back out to freeze his buns off while dreaming of the ribeye steak he was about the consume. After our wait, we went in and actually did consume some of the best steak I've ever eaten in my life. And the rolls were really good. And so was the salad. After eating there, I realized why Chad always talked about it. Because it was awesome. So I was really glad we went. On Sunday we went to the baby blessing and that was really good and I was glad we were able to go. We caravaned back partway with some other friends of ours and it was fun for Aubrey to have her friend Sydney ride with us in our car. Andrew didn't get a friend to ride with and so he screamed most of the way home. Shortly after that trip, his two year old molars came through so I think that might have been why he had such a hard time.
And Chad enjoys hanging out with his brother, and I enjoy chatting with Elise about bargain hunting, coupon deals, blogging, and other things we like to do. We decided to go to this steak restaurant that Mike and Chad had been to before and really loved. So we got a babysitter for all the children and headed off to our Valentine's Day date destination: Sweetie Pie's.
It was a small restaurant in a country town, but it is famous for its Ribeye Steak and it was packed, of course, being Valentine's Day. While we waited, we walked around the town square and looked in the windows of the antique storefronts while freezing our buns off.
We finally decided to wait in the car with the heater on. But we needed to have somebody stay close to the restaurant so we would know when our name was called. So, Chad, ever chivalrous, went back out to freeze his buns off while dreaming of the ribeye steak he was about the consume. After our wait, we went in and actually did consume some of the best steak I've ever eaten in my life. And the rolls were really good. And so was the salad. After eating there, I realized why Chad always talked about it. Because it was awesome. So I was really glad we went. On Sunday we went to the baby blessing and that was really good and I was glad we were able to go. We caravaned back partway with some other friends of ours and it was fun for Aubrey to have her friend Sydney ride with us in our car. Andrew didn't get a friend to ride with and so he screamed most of the way home. Shortly after that trip, his two year old molars came through so I think that might have been why he had such a hard time.
3 comments:
I told Mike we were tired of being the only people on the planet who haven't been to Sweetie Pies, and he has promised a dinner there when we go up to Denton the end of April. Oh, yummers! We can't wait...
I'm glad you posted info about all of your many travels. I do want to try Sweetie Pies, it sounds tasty. When I first read it I thought it said Sweetie Pigs and I thought that was a funny name for a restaurant :).
sounds like a fun trip! i'm glad you're catching us up on everything, i've been checking your blog frequently.
also, i have been wanting to take a road trip soooo badly lately. i told nate i thought it was a shame that here we live so close to the west coast beaches (relatively) and we've only driven there once just to visit mom and dad (and I guess the trip to mexico too!) but I want a random car trip - that sounds good right about now.
Post a Comment