February 25th-March 5th: Hansens and Millers Come to Visit
I was so lucky that my sister Lisa and her husband Jeff, and my cute nieces, Heidi and Kara wanted to come visit us. Jeff has never been to the rodeo, and so they came down to go to the rodeo with us and visit for a week. It was so much fun, especially because there was no big event, like a wedding, or holiday, to have to work around. We could just do whatever we wanted. So it was way fun. I think we had a good mix of at the house type stuff, like jumping on the trampoline, and making crayon cookies (that ended up looking more like snakes, but oh well.) And also going out places, like, to story time at the library, Pump It Up, and the Zoo. Andrew had a blast with his cousins and thought they were hilarious. ANything Heidi said or did would throw Andrew into a fit of giggles. It was really funny. And Andrew and Kara (Ware-wah) enjoyed playing too. So Thursday we went to Story Time at the library. My sister Lindsay came from San Antonio on Thursday too and we all went to Pump It Up on Friday. I got to play with Heidi and her vivid imagination there quite a bit, which I loved, because Lisa and Lindsay were both pregnant and watched Andrew (who didn't really want to play). Kara was a trooper and kept up really well and wanted to do everything Heidi did.

Aubs went to school on Friday, and was bummed she couldn't come with us but they had the school Book Parade that day and she didn't want to miss that either. Their class used the book, "The Night Before Thanksgiving" a book about kids who take a field trip to a turkey farm and then smuggle out turkeys because they feel sorry for them. So they stuffed pillows under their shirts for turkeys. They all thought it was really funny, and it turned out cute.
I'm excited to see the ones Ginger took. I saw some when she was taking them and they looked really cute.
Sunday night was when we made the cookies. I had promised them we could make cookies together so Aubrey and Heidi looked through several of my cookbooks before they found the ones they wanted, the Crayon Cookies, which needed the dough to be dyed various crayon colors and then rolled out like snakes. While I was explaining how we were going to do it, Heidi interrupted me and said, "at my house, we just bake the cookies." It was SO funny, we all just laughed and laughed... it was a good reminder to keep it simple. In the end, it was a ton of fun. And the snake like cookies tasted pretty good, so that was a bonus. 
The rodeo itself is always entertaining, we had awesome seats. They now do mutton bustin' as part of the rodeo, which I only caught a tiny bit of. The calf scramble is always fun too. The concert was great, we love Rascal Flatts. And they have a new stage this year, which is really cool.
Lindsay stayed at home and partied with the children. It was nice of her to watch them, but we missed her coming with us.
11 comments:
You have had a fun and busy month. Thanks for sharing all of your adventures. We look forward to seeing all of you next month!!
Well, this was a stellar week, a happy one to remember forever. Thanks for your unyielding hospitality! It was terrific!
I don't think unyielding is the right word...but I can't exactly think of the right word but what I meant is that your hospitality made the week awesome.
We sure had a great time too!! Thank you for everything.
love all the posts- i wish i could live by all my sisters. life would be fun. and the pic with andrew and the dress-up shoes- oh my- i fear if i ever have a boy. can you even imagine what the girls will put him in????
What a great week you all had, wish we could have all been there to share it with you. Dad and I sure missed the rodeo this year. Can't wait to see you next month.
I'm so jealous, it sounds like you guys had so much fun! I wish we could have been there! It looks like a good time was had by all. Chad in the background of that one rodeo picture of Lisa and Jeff cracks me up, and Andrew is SO cute, oh my goodness. I'm so excited for you guys to visit.
You have no idea how homesick this makes me. Man I miss all you guys and the rodeo too. Give the kids a hug and kiss from me.
Dear Old Dad
What a fun time! Families are the greatest, aren't they?
wish we could have been there, we miss you guys. it would be nice to just go hang out. nate told me yesterday i could fly home to texas after i graduate at some point during the summer. i hope i can.
I love the rodeo! I think your rodeo has better food then ours....glad you got to have so much fun with everyone! Sounds like a great time!
Post a Comment