A cape, flowers, jello, and a few other things
Life keeps flying by at our house. So does Andrew. Super Andrew, actually.This fun cape was actually Aubrey's, but it is Andrew's good fortune to have the same initial as his older sister, and also the claiming rights of a two year old (ie, if I touch it, it's mine, if I look at it, it's mine, and most importantly, if it's yours, it's mine). Andrew likes this cape, as you can see. I used to have a She-ra cape back in the day that I would run around the house in, and now, I have a kid who runs around the house in a super hero cape. Weird how time flies like that.
It's a good thing he's so endearing. The marker on the arms and pooping in the tub (which you can read about down below) notwithstanding. But there are a few cute things that Andrew is currently doing and saying that I wanted to record. His language is really coming along and I think that makes him cuter.
- He always says, "thank you, mama" when I do something for him "tank you mama, tank you"
- Last week when we were at the park, he searched all the grassy area for dandelions, and brought me as many as he could find. "here go, mama" "wowers"
- I have several scratches on my hands, and Andrew daily finds them and kisses them all better.
- The way he says I Love You is, "I Yaub You"
- I was leaving for a meeting the other night and Andrew burst into tears because he didn't want me to go. "Mom! Home!" he kept repeating through his tears. He really wanted me to stay home with him.
- A lot of the time he hears when the shower turn off, and he comes in and hands me my towel, "All done, here go" he says to me. Or else he says, "finished" which sounds like "pinish"
- He is adamant about throwing away his own diapers. If I don't let him, he throws a fit. "Ro-Way" is throw away. And Hep-ing is helping. He loves helping, whatever it is. And if I let him help, he says, "tank you mama"
- He says, "I'n coming, I'n coming" or " 'Mon" if he wants me to come or he wants to come
- Whenever we are leaving, he says, "shoes! shoes!" and finds mine and brings them to me, and doesn't like to go without his on.
- He recently said, "cool!" after Aubrey said it, when they saw the carnival outside our subdivision. First time ever to say that.
- The way he answers yes is really funny, with a lot of intonation. Unfortunately, he says, "mine" and "mine's" and "don't" and "no" with a lot of inflection also.
- He loves The Very Hungry Caterpillar and can fill in the blanks for me when I'm reading. My favorite is when I say, "... but he was still..." and Andrew shouts out, "hungry!" And at the end, he always say, "Ee-end" and immediately, "more!"
In other news, we got this bird feeder for our front planter. "Bird" is a word Andrew knows and can say quite clearly. We got this so we can see birds a lot out of our window. Unfortunately, birds are scared of loud noises and thus don't stay very long at the bird feeder, since when either one of my children see a bird, in their excitement, they are loud. But we have seen the birds, so that is fun. We are going to check out a book at the library about birds so we can identify which ones we see.
Next, Andrew isn't the only one giving me flowers. Chad is awesome like that too. He gave me these pretty Spring flowers for no reason other than he just loves me. It's not uncommon for him to do that. Way to stay in my good graces, Chad.
Next, I can't say cleaning my house is a strong point for me. I try really hard to keep it clean despite the fact that, 1., I don't love a lot of cleaning tasks... I like some, but not all of them and 2., between playing with my kids and cleaning the house, I usually pick playing with my kids. But Tuesday this week I got a lot done. Because I had to. I cleaned the microwave because I cooked something in there that exploded all over the place, I cleaned the kitchen floor because I dumped half my lunch all over it, and I cleaned the tub that night because Super Andrew pooped in it. (Just as a sidenote, I hate it when they poop in the tub!!! You have to get them out, clean the tub, disinfect the bath toys, then fill it back up and clean the kid. Definitely not the way to go). So hey, those areas of my house are sparkling clean, at least for a minute or two before something else happens. Whatever works, right?
This is a sight I always love to see. It is a very very common sight at our house too. The sight of an upturned book. At any given time we might have even three or four or these scattered around various places in our house... the couch, Aubs' room, the kitchen counter, wherever. When I took this picture, I scouted out another upturned book in Aubrey's hallway. Normally, I mind clutter, but most of the time, with books, I don't. To me, that is the sign of reading, a happy sight indeed. (And maybe also the sign that we need a few bookmarks).This related topic is, that Aubrey's never afraid to try something new with language. She reads a lot, has a grasp on a lot of different words and sayings, but she is famous for botching figures of speech, as evidenced here:
To me, about Andrew: "I didn't do anything to petrify him" (I don't know what she was going for here... pester instead of petrify?)
To Andrew: "You're annoying my nerves!" or "you're annoying my nerds"
So that's what we're up to. Thanks for reading. I hope I didn't do or say anything to petrify you, or annoy your nerves.
24 comments:
OH MY GOSH. I'm not even done reading yet but I saw those pictures of little man and I had to say something already! I just want to fly out there and give him loves, he's so adorable. Oh my goodness, I love him. I can't wait to see you guys. He's going to be smothered with kisses by his aunt shugee.
hahaha, OK I finished. I am in still in love with them both. What a sweet little man, and I can't wait to have conversations in person with both of them.
Only like 2 1/2 more weeks 'til you guys get here!
p.s. I think Andrew looks more and more like you every day.
I love the andrew sayings. he is reminding me of Taylor - everything is "mine" and she wants to be so independent. Cute kiddos!!
What funny stories you have! I think it's great that you tried anything at all for April Fools and just so know, it fooled me. :) Sorry you were sick. Maybe when you're not we should have a play date.
What a fun age! I love all the funny things they do and say.
I wish mine had been little a little bit longer.
What great stories you have recorded there. I am with you on the sick thing. I have been sick since Sunday. I love all of the cute phrases and sayings both of your kids are doing. We are still working with Alex and hopefully over time all will be well. I think that you have amazing kiddos. ;0)
Super Andrew is too cute. Sorry about the tub...I HATE that!!
Great blog! We look forward to seeing you. Thanks for the pictures, but Grandpa thinks that while you are here we could maybe take a picture of Andrew without the top of his head cut off. :)
I love the cape. Andrew looks like a great super hero. Aaron has one and he still wears it around. I just love kid’s imaginations.
I love kids!
We love Andrew (and Aubrey)! We had so much fun with you here. I am a pretty lame host- you never had breakfast, barely a decent dinner.... I think I'll get better as time goes on! Randy and I both agree that meeting Andrew at Disney World is when we started to think we could have another baby. He's so sweet all the time and let's people hold him. And dear Aubs was what made us think parenting might be our cup of tea (hence our sweet Mikayla)! you have CUTE kids!!
Too cute! He's such a sweet boy. It must be hard to get upset with him...just look at those big, blue eyes.
I think your joke was a good one. Of course I'm in to those kind of things so I liked it.
Look forward to seeing ya'll Monday. I still have your invitation. I'll have to drop it off. :)
I love those kiddos so much! There's nothing cuter than Andrew bursting in our house, grinning and shouting "Hi!". As in "I'm here! What are we going to do?!". Or Aubrey asking for the camera so she can look at the pictures "up close and personal". That slayed me!
Those are two of my favorite small people, I love them so and can't wait to see you all soon. I remember that little girl with the Princess of Power cape, Super Andrew is terrific. One of Aubrey's most endearing traits has always been her using her "big word" vocabulary in unique ways. Give them a kisses from Grandma will you?
Let me assure you I am counting the days until I can hug them both. I leave for home 2 weeks from tomorrow. I can't wait to talk with Andrew in person. It will be a very fun week we spend together. I'll call you on the web cam.
Dear Old Dad
Those sweet little things! I love them. I smile everytime I see that little man's face. I'm glad he knows he's Super Andrew :). Aubs' sayings crack me up. The phrasing in her letter made me laugh too. She's such a grown up little thing. And I think you're a champ for the jello trick. I didn't do anything...kinda lame huh? Maybe I'll try Jello on RJ next year :). I'm glad you posted, I've been checking your blog DAILY for updates! Can't wait to see you...sooner than everyone else :).
Love you!
What a fun post! Gotta love Super Andrew.
he is definitely getting to be a funny boy!! That is funny what Aubrey said. and I dont think anyone likes to clean, much less clean poop!!
Love the cape! Who would of thought those capes would get so much mileage. Ours are still used all the time too! It was good to see you at BJ's. Hopefully it won't be as long between visits.
What great stories! The poop in the tub brings back memories--I'm kinda glad those days are over! Your family is so wonderful--thanks for sharing their antics with us.
oh my goodness, i love. evie pooped all over my hands last night...perhaps not as bad because it's a little easier to clean up? can't wait to see you guys and including super andrew. love you.
I'm commenting again because I love him so much. I REALLY can't wait to see you guys!!! Even if I have to wait a little longer to see Aubs and Chadu.
oh this was a good post. Andrew is cracking me up! Makes me a little scared for the twos though!!
Post a Comment