Monday, April 06, 2009

Fluke or My Good Fortune?

We're having a diaper battle in our house. Meaning, Andrew doesn't want to wear them. So I suggested one day when he didn't want to put his diaper on that he sit on the potty. Well, he didn't right away, but then a little later, he said, "potty! potty!" and went and sat down on his mini potty and went! It was amazing. I fought potty training with Aubrey for about one year, mostly because I wanted her to be potty trained and she didn't-- I pushed when I shouldn't have. I assumed boys have a harder time and I was not pushing it at all. And Andrew has now used the potty two other times since then. I'm not saying he's potty trained yet, but it's a step in the right direction. I'll take it.

p.s. the other day when I wrote that post, the one about Andrew being so cute, etc etc etc, I must have been inspired because that very day, I found him playing in the toilet, and coloring on the tile again, this time with highlighter (where he found it I'm sure I don't know) and coloring on the table with pencil. And then the next day, when we were in a public place, he started taking off his clothes and running away from me so I couldn't put them back on. He's two. I guess it's the best of times and the worst of times.

8 comments:

allison said...

hahhaa!! stinker little man, so cute. that's great that he WANTS to go in the potty...that day is far away for us! if he's more potty trained when you get up here and you miss changing as many diapers you can feel free to change some of evie's! :) hehe jk

travelingtxmom said...

Oh that boy! He makes me laugh! I'm glad he's making a little progress in the potty department.

travelingtxmom said...

That's my little man. I am proud of him.

Dear Old Dad

Lindsay said...

That boy is so great. I can't wait to give him and his sis a big smooch this weekend!

Sunnie said...

thanks for the sewing class today. glad i only broke one needle. and i hope the potty training sticks. it's one of my least fav parenting things.

Ashley Seil Smith said...

Hahah, I'm scared to potty train boys, I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to do that.

it's making me type "parmi" which makes me hungry for cheese bread.

Liz said...

YAY for Andrew! That's greatness! Don isn't the least bit interested and frankly, that's fine with me as I don't really have the time and devotion to be doing it right now anyway. Hopefully soon though!

Give him a hug for us!

Anonymous said...

definitely a step in the right direction. Yay andrew!!!