Aubrey (Amy)
Easter weekend in San Antonio, Aubrey says to me, "hey mom, why didn't you name me Amy when I was born?" And I said, "well, I don't know, probably 'cause we liked the name Aubrey." She said, "well, I think I like the name Amy better, so can you call me Amy?" I said, "Well, I like the name Amy too, I guess we could call you that if you want." "Okay!" she said. And that was the end of it. I thought it was one of those weird conversations I sometimes have with Aubs when she's feeling a little silly. I didn't think another thing about it. Until... a couple days ago we got some homework papers back from school and in all the spaces where it says, "name" Aubrey wrote: Aubrey (Amy). Today we did a craft for her room and she used stickers to spell out "Amy's room" and she brought home a paper from church that dropped the "Aubrey" altogether and just said Amy. So I guess she does want to go by Amy after all. I think she has her father's genes because when he was 3, all he would answer to was Peter.
17 comments:
Oliver always tells me he doesn't like his name... it makes me sad. I like it - that's why I picked it.
Aubrey is a fabulous name... I would totally have named my daughter Aubrey if I had a daughter.
I agree with Chad though... Peter is an awesome name.
So when did Peter outgrow it? I will make sure to use Amy when I see your daughter next time. :)
Peter?? That's hilarious!
Hahaha, that Aubs, what an imagination she has. I love that sweet little thing. I bet she was waiting a while for me to get on my webkinz...when did she send me those gifts on there? I checked it the other day because I was like, oh! I wonder if Aubs...oops, I mean Amy, sent me something, and sure enough! By the way, did you tell her we had a dog named Amy?
haha I thought that was so funny yesterday when you told me about the Aubrey (Amy). That girl is hilarious.
hahaha...I like Aubrey better so good choice on your part.
Thats funny. I wonder how long it will last!
Peter? When did Chad out grow that - also, I like Aubrey alot better, and I wonder how long the "Amy" thing will last.
hahaah, oh my gosh. I need to call Amy and talk to her.
I don't know if I can call her another name, she didn't correct me the other night on the phone so I guess I'm still okay to call her Aubs. What a nut!
What a fun house you live in with Peter and Amy.
Kids sure are funny. My daughter is continually adding an extra "I" to her name.
My goodness you guys have been busy! We had heard about Chad's Mom but not his Dad...they are all in our prayers!!!
That's so funny that her papers are even reflecing the name change! She is serious! When I was her age, I really wanted everyone to call me Sunny and no one would, so I understand her desires! Also, I read back to some of your other posts, and I am so glad to see someone else was traumatized by Seven Pounds. I could not get it out of my head and couldn't sleep at all! Everyone else I talk to didn't have that experience at all, so thanks for keeping me company in the traumatized department!
Oh, I do love that girl, Aubrey or Amy :).
When I read that, I thought of your dog named Amy. Sorry Aubs. Also, I am glad Peter went back to Chad.
well, it looks like someone else i know is taking their sweet time writing another blog...you DO have a good excuse, but just so you know, we've missed your blogs... :) and be expecting a call from me soon asking you some random questions, love you!
What a great ending to a cute story! Hope Chad's/Peter's parents are doing better.
Post a Comment