Changes for Andrew
Last week, Andrew graduated from ECI! This is the program where we received twice monthly visits at our home from kind and knowledgeable speech therapists and nutritionists. He has been working with ECI since he was about 15 months old, so pretty much over half his lifetime so far. He made really great strides with his development since that time-- when we started with ECI, he was 15 months old and not even walking. And not hardly saying a thing. Now, he runs all over the place and talks so much I wonder if I was dreaming about him being so silent all that time. So, we worked with some very nice people who were so helpful. But at three, all kids graduate. And they make it very official too:
Cap and gown and diploma. So cute. Fortunately, Andrew qualified, as some children do after graduating, to attend a local elementary school preschool program that has a speech therapy component, as he still can benefit from some intervention in that regard. But we're very proud of him and excited for the changes that preschool will bring.
10 comments:
That's so cute! I'm proud to be the aunt of such a distinguished graduate. I can't wait to hear about his preschool adventures!
I am amazed at the progress he's made -- esp. in the last six months or so. He is so darn cute!! And actually I was excited to hear about the popcorn-up-the-nose adventure -- it's so toddler NORMAL!! Yay, Andrew!
oh, too cute in the cap and gown.
What a sweet graduate! We are so happy that he will be able to attend a preschool and progress even more! What great strides he has made! Love you all!
That is great. Love the cap and gown. I hope he fares better in elementary school than Ylonda.
That will be a cute picture to have side by side with his graduation from high school. Congratulations to a darling boy!
woo hooo roooo!!! he is so cute, we are so excited for him, i hope his first day of school went well!
too cute!! what a great way to celebrate a milestone! i hope he does just as good in pre school!!
Such fun that they had that little cap and gown for him. Way to go Anders!
He is so so sweet. I love little man. And I forgot to write from that last picture that his hair is so long now and I love it. Blonde hair and those big blue eyes just kill me. I miss him.
Post a Comment