Monday, February 15, 2010

Five Little Valentines



This Valentine's Day was special for Aubrey for a couple reasons. First, she actually got to go to her Valentine's Day party (and so did Andrew and I). The past two years, she's been sick or gone for Allison's wedding, so this was the first year she actually got to exchange Valentines, so that was special. The other reason was because Aubrey's second grade class put on a little Valentine's Day show! They sang about half a dozen songs about Valentine's Day with some dialogue in between. Aubrey has been learning the songs since she began at Rosehill in January. She comes home and sings the songs to herself, ever so quietly... the songs are catchy! Andrew likes them too and one especially, that goes, "Five Little Valentines, oo-oo!" and counts down from there. He will go around the house singing that part over and over. Aubs and I think it's funny. Aubrey was delighted to discover her music teacher, Mr. Williams, chose her for a speaking part in one of the in-between-songs dialogue. She was excited! So, when the night of the presentation came, she was all ready to go! Even Grammie and Grandpa came to watch also. Aubrey had never been in a program at Kohrville, and so we were ecstatic to come see Aubrey perform. She and the rest of the second grade class did not disappoint. And I got it all on camera, too, with our new video camera we got when our old one bit the dust. Aside from Five Little Valentines, they sang, I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing, Cowboy on Valentine's Day, L-O-V-E, Mail Myself to You, and several others. It was very cute and we were proud of her!



This was the fun backdrop of the stage. And this was grandpa being silly!!!






And, if that weren't enough, we got to go down the hall afterward and see where Aubrey's picture was on the board for Citizen of the Month for her class in the 2nd grade! She wasn't exactly sure what citizen of the month was supposed to do, since she'd just been there a couple weeks, but she was excited to be in a picture on the board in the hallway. :) We later learned that the teacher chooses Citizen of the Month based on a number of criteria, including, being a good citizen of her class. We were proud of Aubrey for making such a good impression and representing our family so well. And we were pleased that Ms. Lane, her teacher, and Mr. Williams too, were making efforts to make Aubrey feel so included in her new school. Way to go Aubrey! We are proud of you!

4 comments:

Ashley Seil Smith said...

This is so cute. I have such good memories of Valentine's Days in elementary school. And way to go, Aubs!

Lisa said...

Oh I'm sure that program would have melted my heart. I love watching kids sing. Way to go Aubrey!

travelingtxmom said...

I'm looking forward to seeing that recording of the program! Great job Aubs!

allison said...

Oh my gosh I love that girl. How fun, I wish we could have seen it. I bet Evie would have loved it too! I want to see that recording (as if you haven't posted tons already, haha...but I want to see that too!!)!!