We moved!
We moved to my parents home to take care of it while they are in India. We rented out our house really quickly, so we knew it was right. We'd been wanting to go but for whatever reason it wasn't right until this fall. We moved in the first week in December. I love this house. I love everything about it. My mom said we could take pictures down and move stuff and redecorate but the thing is, this house has a personality, and I don't want to change it. This house holds so many memories and I love it here. I love that my children get to live here. We ride bikes, and play outside and we feel so apart from everything. My kids play with each other because that is all they have, and when we're home, we're really home, since we're kind of too far to just run over to the store because we forgot something. Aubs has gotten braver on her bike and Andrew loves being outside, and it's like the yard is our own private oasis-- it is quiet and peaceful, and just us. Andrew and Aubs love to go see the horses next door and sometimes we will feed them carrots. Aubs goes to school on the bus and I love the slower pace that gives us in the morning-- no rushing to school in our car and rushing home to get ready for the day. And then she arrives home on our driveway in the afternoon. She's been able to slide right in at the school and I love it. The class sizes are small and the teachers do fun things. We only had one minor incident where her teacher called home because she fell on the playground and twisted her ankle. Aubrey was put on the phone and she told me the situation, how she just was running and fell, and then she started chatting away, "how ya doin', mom? what's Andrew doin'?" and her teacher, Ms. Lane, had to take the phone back. I don't know if just wanted sympathy or what. It was funny though, and it was unexpected and kind of fun to hear from Aubs in the middle of the day.
So I love this house. I am glad we're here.
4 comments:
I love that house, too. And I hadn't thought before about it, but realized with this post that the house, and the acreage and the secludedness of it all is really what made us so close. People are always asking me how I'm so close to my family, and I really think that house has a whole lot to do with it. I'm glad you're there, too.
I am jealous of all that space, for sure. My puny .15 acre plot here in Springville feels slightly lacking at times. I am glad you are there to take care of things for Mom and Dad and to enjoy it as well.
No one is happier that you're there than me! You're all right about that house being the reason you are closer, the five of you were all you had most of the time. It was a blessing I realized eventually, when I got over multiple trips of "just 15 minutes" away to wherever every day. :)
Hahaha, I'm laughing that she started a conversation after she told you about her ankle, that's so funny...not funny that she twisted it though. I'm glad you guys are liking living there...we're liking living here at the townhouse too!
Post a Comment