Sunday, May 16, 2010

... And I thought April was a busy month...

And now it's almost June. What the??????

April was SO busy! My mom was here for pretty much the whole month, which was awesome. My dad came for a little bit too, for a small stint on the houseboat,and some more tractoring at the Lone Cypress. In April, I went back and forth to San Antonio three times, and to Dallas once. And I would have liked to go to Utah in there too, but it just didn't work out. Oh, and I also took about a gajillion trips back and forth from the airport.


The first time to San Antonio was to go with my mom so sign papers on this bad boy:




I hope to do a lot of maxin' and relaxin' this summer, so I practiced with mom while we were there. Sure, we were just in the boat garage, but in my mind I was far, far away, floating blissfully on this beautiful red boat. I'm sure mom was too.



The second time to San Antonio was for this beautiful baby's birthday! That was a fun time, and she was very particular about how she dug into her cake.



Aubs, in true Aubrey Fashion, helped decorate the other cake.


The following weekend we went to Dallas to celebrate the marriage of my cousin and his new wife. We went to a beautiful botanical garden where there were so many flowers. I would love to go there again, or someplace like it with a pro photographer to take my family's pictures. It was beautiful.


And it was awesome to see my cousins. (Okay, well, this is just one cousin and my sister, but it was too hard to get all of them and all of us in one picture at the same time.)


We also had Linds come for a short stint. It was beautiful weather, all two weeks of spring that we had, and so we spent a lot of time outside.

I think this picture is very cute. I hope Lindsay doesn't mind me posting all these pictures of her baby on my blog. :)


Andrew is finally getting used to driving the mustang power wheels that is behind him. He's also learning the finer arts of hopscotch (mostly because Aubrey plays... I should post the video of Andrew hopscotching. It is very amusing.)



We gave this girl her first taste of Nutella.

Mmmmm, she now joins the throngs of women who adore chocolate and hazelnut.
(Sorry I can't get this one to rotate, but her expression is so cute).


The third time to San Antonio was actually just halfway there and back to pick up my mom so I could take her to the airport in Houston the next day after her trip to San Antonio.

Anyway, it was a very busy April, but it was really fun too. I like going places and having visitors. It makes life fun.

5 comments:

allison said...

I wish we could have come to Houston for the "wedding"! Those are great pictures. I can't believe how old Aubs look, *sigh*.

travelingtxmom said...

I am glad to see the little man driving the mustang.

Dear Old Dad

travelingtxmom said...

April was an awesome month, so glad I got to spend a bunch of it with you!

Missionary Mom 09-11 said...

The best way to spend a busy month with those you love!! Glad to hear Andrew is enjoying the red Mustang too!

Lisa said...

The kids are getting so big, I can't believe it! When Kara saw the picture of Andrew, she said, "That's Andrew. He's my buddy. He misses me. I want to go to his house." Lol. They will be cute at Lake Powell together.