How I Never Intended to Flash Everyone At Kroger, But Did
Please don't call the cops. It wasn't my fault, I promise. And I publicly apologize to everyone standing at the dairy case of Kroger at about 12 p.m. this afternoon when I unwittingly gave everyone there an unobstructed view of my, ahem, bosom. If we're both lucky, you missed the show, since there is so little to see.
Here is the equation for Kristin's peep show disaster:
1 angry three year old who doesn't want to be grocery shopping, much less in the shopping cart he's in + 1 mom wearing a really cute top which unfortunately has a 100% elastic neckline= 1 indecent (Not to mention embarrassing!) exposure. Mine.
There I was, standing calmly in front of the Sargento cheese, thinking deeply about the merits of Swiss versus Provolone, when my tantrum throwing son decided to pull out all the stops. I had been trying to ignore him. ("Whose kid IS that? Not mine! Sheesh!") He started grabbing at my top, which at first was no big deal. Until he decided to yank on it. And that's when the front neckline got pulled down to my waist. It was still around my neck in the back, but anybody who was in the dairy section, or down by frozen foods (the direction I was facing at the time) got a nice view of what lies beneath. And of course today was like the only day in the history of my life where I wasn't wearing an undershirt. Mercifully, elastic is stretchy and I yanked it back in place just as quickly with as much dignity as I could muster. I bet that little rascally Andrew was just waiting for me to wave the white flag and take him home. But we finished the shopping trip, flushed cheeks and all. I just tried to avoid the eye of anyone who might have been in the dairy section. I'm not sure I'll ever think about sliced cheese the same way again.
12 comments:
Sounds like you just wanted to fit in. After all, you were in the dairy section.
Had
hahaha...kids sure have a way of making us blush...don't they?
That little stinker! We'll just hope nobody was looking...Had, you are a goofball!
Between the hole in your pants and now the flashing at the grocery store, you have had a couple of crazy embarrassing incidents!!
Oh dear. I wore a short yesterday that I realize totally gaped open when I even thought about bending over. Everyone probably saw more than they bargained for. Luckily I had a few things on underneath.
Did he even yank down your BRA?!?!
Oh man. Anders. It sounds like you managed the scene well. I'm glad you're laughing it off. I agree with Aunt Heidi...what's the deal with your clothes trouble?
hahahha, oh my gosh, i'm turning bright red for you! that's so embarrassing but pretty darn funny too. If you're anything like me, people probably just thought you were a boy with long hair when they saw it...
and i'm laughing real hard at what master chad wrote
Hahahahaha! I would have just given you a tip! ;) I'm pretty sure this has happened to me, but I mostly block out all the daily trauma given to me courtesy of my kids...
Hey! You didn't tell us if you decided on Swiss or provolone after that embarrassing moment. :)
That is so funny Kristin. Ethan almost pulled my skirt, and everything that was under it, down one time in the store. I grabbed it just in the nick of time. I like how you write, it's so cute. Wish we were neighbors.
A song just for you.
Post a Comment