Feeling Old
I'm one month away from the last birthday I'll ever have. The big 2-9. It's the last birthday because every year after that, it's just the 1st anniversary of my 29th birthday, the 2nd anniversary of my 29th birthday, etc.
Just kidding. I actually really don't mind turning 29, or even, (gasp!) 30. But what I DO mind is...
THAT I FOUND A WHITE HAIR ON MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, yes, it IS only one hair, but in this case, it is one hair too many. And it's right in the front! The white hair is much more startling that turning 29 or 30. When I shared this fact with my sister, who turned 30 this summer, she said, "have I shown you my gray hairs???" and we proceeded to go into the bathroom, tilt our heads toward the mirror, push our faces up close to it, and go searching for the offending hairs, to compare them. Sure enough, my sister verified my hair was indeed, white. And I verified, yes, she did have a gray patch. It was at this point she looked at me and said, "We're getting old."
I'm getting old. I'm getting old. I'M GETTING OLD!!!!! Okay, I'm not that old yet, but I feel old sometimes. And now I have white hair to prove it. It might just be one, now, but if there's one, there's bound to be more. This is like, a rite of passage, or something, which I am not thrilled to be entering.
Bye. I'm going to the hair salon.
15 comments:
hahahaha. I probably have a grey hair or two from stress. It's ok, you are still younger than Jennifer Aniston. Also, grey is beautiful. Own it, girl.
Sigh... I just plucked out my white eyelash this morning. It keeps growing back. Sigh...
Reminds me of the time that I complained [again] to my husband that I had to pluck more gray hairs and he told me that it was probably better to be gray, than bald. So I stopped plucking and started dyeing. But come on, I heard that the 30's are the new 20's, so it's cool.
Oh sigh, if you're getting old then what does that make me??? Ancient I suppose! :)
It's not the gray hairs that make me feel old it's the missionaries that look so young and the kids that I use to babysit getting married. Now that makes me feel old.
hahahah, I always love seeing those women with there unabashedly long white locks. And yours would be even more impressive because they'd be beautiful curly white locks. You're lookin' good girl. And hey...someone who was told that they don't look a day passed 12 on their wedding day must really only like like she's turning 23 or so. bahahahaha.
*look like...I was so excited about how funny I thought I was being that I didn't even spell check it...
OK, from your whitehaired Grama white ain't so bad!!:) I tried coloring mine for sometime, but found it was not worth the effort. Don't worry about one gray hair and enjoy each year as it comes. By the way if you are getting old and your mother is ancient what am I? :)
Well, if it makes you feel any better I'm right there with ya. Another comforting fact: Chad will always be older. Let's get together soon.
29 isn't so bad. At least you're still in your 20's. I'm into the 30's sadly enough. I realize more and more every day that I'm just getting old. Think of Tuck Everlasting and you'll welcome age. :)
Matt will always be older than me.hehehe
I say you don't look a day over 20. Just wait until you get like me, a teenager stuck in a 55 year old body. A gray hair doesn't matter as long as all the other stuff still works.
Dear Old Dad
I am so sorry! I empathize with you! I think I found my first at 25!
you can't be old, because I refuse to be old and I'm knocking on 35!! ***GASP*** We need to get together, dear friend. How was your summer?
I agree with your Dad!!
I'll tell you what you told me the first time I tried to tell you I had grey hair..."Don't worry, they're just really light blonde." You'll be 29 & Terrific :). xoxo
Post a Comment