Sometimes you just want to hide...

Some days I feel like that. Like today. And here's a Life Lesson I learned today:
Never Try To Wax Your Floor With Alfredo Sauce.
Even if you do it unintentionally, as I did, when the container storing it accidentally falls out of the fridge when you reach in for your son's lunchbox, it's not a good idea. There was a split second, actually, as the container was falling that I had a hopeful yet irrational thought, "maybe there's nothing in it!" And then it splattered everywhere, and I knew there was something in it, a lot of it actually. And it was alfredo sauce. And now it was covering quite a bit of inside the fridge, as well as an ever-increasing large diameter outside the fridge, on the kitchen tile. And aside from the pleasant savory aroma of alfredo, there was nothing pleasant about cleaning it up. Here's another lesson I learned in the process: Paper towels do not soak up alfredo sauce, and if you use them, you will end up waxing your floor with sauce, because it just gets pushed around. We were already late for playgroup. So then we became really late for playgroup as I attempted to clean up my mess, which in the end, resembled me waxing the floor with a large pool of alfredo sauce. Boo.
2 comments:
Our tile and hardwood floors have been smeared with a myriad of coatings since moving in. I feel bad for them. They were probably treated much better by their previous owners.
squeegees. You should keep a supply of squeegees in the house when you decide to wax the floor thus.
BTW, the word verification for my comment is "covet"
So, maybe I should have alfredo for dinner?
Post a Comment