Andrew Starts Preschool
Well, Andrew started at Klein high school preschool last Thursday. He's a preschool veteran these days, already having been in preschool for language help over the past year at Hassler Elementary school. He ended over there, although we loved it, because I felt like he had really improved over the past year and didn't need the help quite as much as some of his peers in that same class. Also, just the longer hours of this preschool per week and the opportunity Andrew had to be with kids at or above his own language level, made us want to choose this one. Add in that he already knows almost half his class and the fact that Chad works there, it was practically a done deal.
He's been really excited to go to "daddy's preschool" for a long time. He was a little sad to leave his closest buddy in his PALS class, cute little miss Avery, but was way excited to go with his longtime friends, Lincoln, Jada, and Saryn.
He was not sad to leave me at all. I felt a little sad, just with the realization he's getting older, but I am used to the preschool dropping off by now and was happy to have a substantial amount of time with which to run errands and do other necessities of life. And, it's hard to be sad when he just LOVES it. And it is so awesome, because, since Chad is sort of bound by a school schedule, there are a lot of things he couldn't be a part of with Aubrey's preschooling, but with Andrew at his actual school, he can do a lot more there, and even just peek on him during the day if he wants to.
And he already has peeked in on him and this is what he took some pictures of: 



So, I think this year is going to be a success. And also, I think I have an extremely cute preschooler.
4 comments:
Oh my gosh, you so do have an extremely cute preschooler, true that. I just died when I saw that first picture with his hair spiked up. He is so cute! It makes him look so much older! I'm so glad he's having fun, it seems that he's in the right spot!
Cute Andrew! One can see that he is really enjoying himself.
That looks like a really sweet preschool! I can't blame him for loving it! I also can't blame you for enjoying time running errands unencumbered by children, but I understand the sadness too. Life is good.
Oh my gosh, I think so, too. I would really love to come over there and smooch some cheeks. It's so great that he's in the same school as Chad - I knew Chad would learn to read some day!
=)
Post a Comment