Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Well, we're in the blog doldrums

Well, I'm not sure why but I've been on a blog hiatus the past little while. I guess I'll try to start blogging again but sometimes it seems a little overwhelming. Maybe it's that it is fall and it gets cold and every year around this time I have this urge to store a bunch of food and also strangely need more sleep. It is my hibernation instinct, i tell Chad. Also, my desktop computer has slowly been dying a painful death and thus so has my desire to get on it and fight against it to do something enjoyable. And then our internet died on us and I became cut off from the world. Don't give up on me though because I'm clawing my way out of hibernation and seclusion. And least for today.

Some interesting things around here:

Aubrey won her class room spelling bee. Next she competes in the school spelling bee spelling words like ululated and crepuscular and tenebrific. I have no idea what any of these words mean.

Andrew is obsessed with fruit snacks, oatmeal, and Toy Story 3. Also, he wants everything in every catalog we get in our mailbox for Christmas.

Chad is the man. He's been busy at work as always, making the world a better place. He is entertained by one student who is special needs who daily tells Chad his fortune... "mr chaaaaaad. For dinner tonight you are having Taco Bell." or "mr chaaaaad.' your parents are alive." I have met this character and he is very funny. All kidding aside, working with these kids is probably one of the most rewarding aspects of his
job.

Chad is also the man because he got me an early Christmas present. It is something I hesitate to share because I feel like this is kind of a showy type thing. But I'm really happy about it and think it will be really useful. It's an iPhone. I already really like it despite myself.
In part because it has allowed me to write this blog!

13 comments:

Missionary Mom 09-11 said...

Thanks for the update! It is good to hear about what is going on in Paradise South. Congrats to Aubrey on the Spelling Bee! Good going Chad getting you something you can blog again with!

Anonymous said...

15 days and counting until I get my iPhone.

Had

Court and Jill said...

Sweet Christmas Present. Did Chad's student from school predict he would give it to you? :)

Grama said...

Good for Aubrey! I can't even pronounce those words! It is good to hear from you once again. It has been a looooong time.

Emma Jo said...

Seriously? There is nothing like a smart elementary student to make me feel a little less smart. And don't be shy about the iphone, I said I didn't want one and then I got my husband's old one when his work gave him one...and I love it. But don't tell anyone.

allison said...

Hey that's awesome! Chris has been telling us we need iphones. I'm glad that you got one, that's awesome. Lindsay's was fun to check out in NYC...it was really useful with the GPS type stuff.

And way to go Aubs!! I hope the next spelling be goes great...I came in second in one of those and I think my trophy is still in the "trophy room"...it wasn't a legit trophy, my teacher just felt so bad at me losing that she had it made for me. haha, that's really funny to think of now. Anyways, she's a brain, I'm sure she'll do great. And Roo Man probably gets his love of those things from all those shopping trips you've conditioned him to love taking. That cracks me up. And the kid telling Chad's fortune made me happy too, that's so funny.

Ashley Seil Smith said...

Hahaha this post made me laugh a lot. Good job bobsy! And an iPHONE!?!? I have this horrible feeling that Nate and I will be the last cool ones in our family to get one. And Nate's in advertising! I keep telling him he should probably get one because he needs to be learning about apps and all that but he can't get over the extra fee or whatever. We liked playing with Lindsay's while they were here! You lucky girl, you.

Ashley Seil Smith said...

Oh yeah, I guess I'm in advertising, too. Hahah, shows you how much I love it.

Lisa said...

I wish we were going to see you soon. The girls are obsessed with Toy Story 3 also and they would have fun playing Woody and Buzz with Andrew.

Way to go Aubs on the spelling bee!! She's so smart from all that reading.

Also, I hear you on the hibernation thing. Too bad you can't give birth while in hibernation. That would be nice to just wake up and already have had my baby.

Also, that sounds awesome about the iphone! I have my itouch and I love it, so I am sure the iphone is even more fabulous!

Carrie said...

Oh that is so cool about the iPhone. Except I don't know how you have the patience to type this blog on that thing! I seem to be in a blogging hiatus too. oh well.

123 checkoutourfamily said...

It was great to see you at the park the other day. Blogging can be tricky to do sometimes...life can get pretty crazy.

Your phone sounds awesome. I'm in the market for a new phone since I currently don't have one but who knows what we'll find.

meg said...

Kristen, this is no time to hibernate! We have a movie to make! And we're not letting Aubrey help, because I don't know what those words mean either and I'm an English major - not good for the self esteem. And don't be embarrassed about your phone, you were old school for longer than even a middle schooler would put up with. And so what if your phone is smarter than - I'll say 'we' - are. Remember my self esteem?

scraphappymama said...

I'm in a blogging hiatus as well - not sure I will ever emerge!! Fun to have an iphone - can we still be friends?!?! aubrey is a little smarty pants - I don't know the meanings either!! And I think 'm becoming famous with your gingersnap recipe - you should submit it somewhere and make millions - or at least be famous for a day!!