Saturday, July 30, 2011

Middle of Nowheres

We left June 28th on our epic journey. We flew to Orange County and spent time in Costa Mesa, Santa Cruz, San Marcos, (all Cali) then went to Utah by car to Draper, Sandy, Bountiful, Huntsville, and Henefer. We also visited Rexburg, Idaho, Jackson Hole, amd Casper Wyoming, and Custer, South Dakota. We visited Disneyland, San Diego Zoo, the beach, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Fisherman's Wharf, BYU, Temple Square, The Conference Center, BYU-I, Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, the Tetons, Martin's Cove, Mount Rushmore, Devil's Tower, Crazy Horse, and an ancient cemetery in a cornfield in Nebraska. We visited parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, sisters, brothers, in laws, and nieces and nephews. We stayed in homes and hotels, on beds, floors, couches, air mattresses, foam pads, and sleeping bags.

Today we returned, 4 weeks, and 3 days later.

It was awesome, all of it.

Does reading it make you tired?

Because I am tired.

I've seen some of the most beautiful wilderness places--Lush, green forests, sparkling winding streams, serene meadows, majestic mountains, green grass blowing in waves along the mountainside. I've seen mountains and monuments. I've spent cherished time with the people I love the very most. And I've seen lots and lots of middle of Nowheres.

But, to be sure, no sight was as welcome as the one down my own driveway.

It is good to be home.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Phew! I'm glad you made it home safely. And, I'm glad you're blogging. That was an epic journey, and I am glad we got a little piece of it.

Niki Carter said...

Sounds like fun!! I'm excited to be home too! Two more days!

RAPN! said...

Not many people know where Henefer Utah is! My cousin and her husband live there. His family own a big sheep farm. Sounds like a fun trip! Better than being in the 100's in TX!

allison said...

Whirlwind for sure! Glad you made it home safe and glad it was all so much fun. Can't wait to see you NEXT month!

travelingtxmom said...

Love that you had such a wonderful adventure and glad we got to be a part of it in a couple of different places. :) I'll look forward to more about the trip and seeing some photos.

Heidi said...

So glad you made Bountiful one of your stops on your fun summer vacation. Thanks for being such a wonderful part of our July 6 homecoming! You guys are the greatest!

Lisa said...

I forgot to ask. Did the Traffic Jams CD make it into your epic journey? I thought of little Andrew giggling to it as we listened to it in our car today! We miss you guys.