Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Under the Sea



I promise I'll stop posting about Hawaii. I'm just not ready to move on yet. Plus, I just got back our developed underwater camera, and it's cool that they turned out. I was a little skeptical. Unfortunately, we used up all our underwater film before we got to the North Shore, so there's no picture of the clear water of the North Shore, or any of the other fish we saw there, including the octopus.

"Oh well," she sighed. "I guess we'll just have to go back so I can get my picture of the octopus..."


Look! It's a Chadfish! Just kidding. It's just Chad, hanging loose. If we had a dollar for every time someone flashed us that sign, we'd have had our trip paid for. Chad, in particular, took each gesture as a personal compliment. "Look! He gave me the hang loose sign! Yeah!" Also, he was thrilled whenever a Hawaiian (an hawaiian?) called him "Bro," which actually usually sounded like, "bra." I personally wouldn't want to be anybody's bra, but Chad liked it.



Do you see the fear in my eyes? This was my first experience and it was right when we started and I was feeling a little uptight: you can see how unnatural my other arm is floating there... I was not, as I'm personally suggesting, hanging loose. Also the water was like 70 degrees and I was freezing!

















What you don't get to experience while looking at these pictures is how cool it was to actually be in the ocean, swimming through a reef exploring and finding fish. It's a shame we didn't have one on the North Shore- the fish we saw there were so much more colorful- my favorite one that I saw was what I named an 80's fish: it had electric pink and blue stripes on the top and bottom. She was so trendy. The only thing missing was the huge bangs and high tops.

"Oh well," she sighed. "I guess I'll just have to go back so I can get my picture of the 80's fish..."

When I got out, I got to lay down in the soft, warm sand and look up at this:



Honestly, I couldn't decide which was better: being in the water swimming with the fish (and the Chadfish), or being on land, soaking up sun.



"Oh well," she sighed. "I guess I'll just have to go back so I can decide..."

8 comments:

Amanda said...

I don't mind looking at your pictures and hearing about your trip. I think it would be exciting to do what you did but I too would be a little scared to be under the water like that.

Brian and Kayla said...

Hahaha. You are so funny. Hey at least you have pet turtles now that can somewhat remind you of sea-life...even though they didn't come from Hawaii. Had a dream last night that I was walking along the beach thanks to you (so I don't mind hearing about your trip either!).

Ashley Seil Smith said...

So jealous still! You guys look so happy in these pictures. That makes me happy.

travelingtxmom said...

Those underwater pictures did turn out great! Thanks for sharing them, sigh, even if it does make me yearn for tropical breezes and warm blue waters. :)

123 checkoutourfamily said...

so awesome!!! Some day...some day

allison said...

Hahhaha, we'll go back with you! And I laughed out loud at the Chadfish. And Chad being a "bra". I don't get sick of the Hawaii posts so don't you worry about that!

Ash said...

I don't think you should ever stop posting about Hawii! It's kinda like a Journey song. "Don't stop believin. Hold on to that Feelin'!" Thank you so much for all the clothes lending these days. You've helped me achieve some of my goals of being the best dressed pioneer/old RS pres ever!

Lindsay said...

So sweet!