Good ole' Chad
Dear Had,
I love us. Remember when we took these pictures? We were at the park and you had your arm around me with my big camera and we tried to take our own picture. We couldn't seem to get this picture right, and we eventually gave up. Either it was mostly me and you were cut out, or it was mostly you and I was cut out. Or one or the other of us were out of focus. Even though they didn't turn out the way we wanted them to, I still like them a lot, because they're still so us. We laughed a lot while taking these pictures, and we laugh a lot too, together. It looks like we like being near each other, and we do. I like when you have your arm around me, like you do in these pictures. That's nice. I like that in this picture we look so happy even when the pictures weren't turning out right. There are lots of times we've had together where things don't turn out they way we expect or want them to. We smile, and then try again. We are happy, you and I, because we face these things together and that makes it easier. A couple of these pictures, the focus is on me, or you let me be in the spotlight, and you do that a lot too- spend so much of your time focused on my needs, and your energy on making me happy. You support and encourage me in the things that I like to do, and you're always right there behind me, patient and supportive in the background. I like that we can be silly, and be serious, and mostly, that we can be just be us and all of it is good.
The only thing that's not the same is that although we gave up taking a good picture, we'll never give up on each other. And I thank you the most for that- for not giving up on me. For loving me. Somehow you always think you've got the better end of the deal in this marriage of ours, but I'm pretty sure the luckiest one is me. I love you.
7 comments:
I'd say you both got a pretty good deal.
We sure do love Had too and we're glad you have each other. xo
We love you both so much! You are GREAT !
This is so wonderful. I love you both too. I am so happy that you have Had.
Love this post B, Had is one amazing guy. I love you both.
Ditto! We think you both are pretty amazing!
This was sweet. I loved the analogy. I was talking to a friend about marriage the other day and I was thinking about how I looked for a lot of finite characteristics...one thing I overlooked was the ability to work together. I'm glad I lucked into that one. The only thing I can count on about life is that it'll change, it's so sweet to be with someone you trust who will work alongside you. I love Had too.
Post a Comment