Monday, June 18, 2012

Special Treatment

Summer has already afforded us some very fun opportunities. Owing the fact that Aubrey decided she was bored five minutes after she woke up on the first day of summer, we've had to get creative giving her things to do. She's already read like 20 books. Some of them she's reading a second time after just finishing them. She's done lots of odd cleaning jobs for me. Very willingly, I might add. She's made a lot of dinners, and desserts and breakfasts. She's done math practice. She's played outside, she's played inside, she's played in water, she's played with friends, and Andrew, and chickens. She's done crafts.

But! Then she had a brilliant idea. (Her words not mine, and might I say, most of her ideas, according to her, are pretty brilliant.) This one, I would have to agree.

Here, I present to you...



Aubrey's Salon. She ran it independently for a day or so, and then hired on some extra help in the form of her friend Isabelle.



She's a very confident salon owner. And she should be. Aubrey's Salon offered manicures, pedicures, massages, and hairdos. They were so high tech, they even had a credit card scanner, see?



And a toilet headquarters, in case you needed to use the facilities.



They were even concerned about the sanitary conditions, which is why this sign was placed near the entrance to Aubrey's Salon. (You can also see, if you read the fine print, they were concerned about being paid).



To top off their unparalleled customer friendliness, they had a Little Kid Area, with markers, paint pens, and paper, in case you were visiting Aubrey's Salon with children in tow.



I had my fingernails painted a supremely summery shade of orange. I decided to forego the pedicure, but I did get a lovely and relaxing water bath foot massage. Afterwards, I had a percussion massage, which consisted of me laying on the tile floor in the bathroom and Aubrey slapping and pounding on my back. And she did throw in a couple of spankings for no extra charge.

And, that's not all! They did my hair, too! This, you see, was a real treat because, most curly haired ladies, such as myself, do not comb through their hair very often, because that lends itself to extreme frizz and what is commonly referred to as the Pyramid head hairdo. But no, Aubrey's Salon was expert in such things and so comb away at my curls, they did. Only in the back though. And used about half a dozen clips of various colors and configurations. They results were really quite wonderful. So wonderful in fact, no picture can do it justice. But just for fun, here's one taken by the salon owner herself.



You can see here, this first rate establishment also provided every customer with their choice of gift upon exit. You can see, Isabelle's mother got a toothbrush. I personally chose a fruit roll up, but, I ate it, so it's not in the picture.

I don't mean to brag, but I'm pretty sure that me and Megan were Aubrey's Salon's two best clients. (Except for maybe Grandma who was their only other client). You know, mothers of the owners I think get special treatment. Because we were treated so very extra special. You can only hope that there might be an Aubrey's Salon coming to a city near you.

7 comments:

Ashley Seil Smith said...

Oh man! I wish I could visit Aubrey's Salon! You two look quite lovely. I'm sure she'd do wonders for me. This is awesome. And you should tell her that if she gets TOO bored she can always send me an art postcard!!! =)

Grama said...

I would say that this creativity gone wild! What an imagination to come up with such a wonderful way to spend the day. Let us hope they get a few more customers as two does not seem to be very lucrative. :)

Ash said...

The slapping massage sounds awesome. With free spankings? What a treat and what a fun mom you are. Hey, speaking of pictures with friends... I'm glad I now have one with you in it too. I need some more of those...

travelingtxmom said...

You really should have had the pedicure as well. As the first customer at Aubrey's Salon I got the full treatment, including pink toenails, one hand of blue fingernails and another of deep burgundy, stylin' for sure. Part of my deal was that once she finished with me, I got to give the full treatment to Aubs, loved the whole experience, and that cute owner. :)

allison said...

I could only dream! Jealous. That picture is hilarious.

Lisa said...

Boy, I'd love to visit that salon, and I know a few girls who would also love a visit. This is awesome. I should show Heidi. She'll want to start up her own. That credit card machine is amazing.

Lindsay said...

Wow! I wish we'd known. That would've been worth a drive over. Especially with the kid area. That was thoughtful. I love it. That girl has creativity bursting out of her. Awesome.