Friday, July 28, 2006

No Pants

Unfortunately, my brain is shrinking. I really am losing brain cells as I gain pounds in this pregnancy. I am so clumsy, forgetful, absentminded, etc., you name it, I'm plagued with the mommy brain. Case in point... The other day, Princess and I were getting ready for the day, to go run some errands. I gave her a bath, and sent her to get dressed and play until I was out of the shower and ready. Well, I got all ready to go, Princess comes in to my room, and I remember that there's some laundry to throw in before we go. So I say, "Princess, let's go throw in the laundry and then we can go run errands," at which point she looks at me like I've got two heads (while in reality I have only one, in which there is only half a brain left) and says, "but mommy! You're not wearing any pants!" Sure enough, I only THOUGHT I had gotten all ready. How embarrassing might that have been to be traipsing through Wal-Mart without so much as a stitch of clothing over my maternity garment bottoms?!? It's a good thing Princess can be my brain for a while. I don't think it's going to get any better. A friend told me that it's scientifically proven that you lose brain cells in the process of giving birth. If that's the case, I'm doomed...

2 comments:

Sunnie said...

i would have liked to see you out in the driveway in that nice outfit! i'm so glad you've joined the blogging community of sometimes bored mommies!

1tiredmama said...

That is so funny! I am glad you have Aubrey to keep you from doing silly things. Welcome to the blogging world! It is always fun to have more to read!