Adios, Coach
Well, these past ten weeks of bliss have come to a crashing halt. Coach is back in school. Okay, well, they haven't exactly been ten weeks of bliss... two weeks after school got out, I was wishing Coach was back in school because it was like having another kid to take care of. And he has been gone four out of seven nights a week since May for night school at Prairie View A&M for his Master's program, so at night I haven't really seen him. But really, we have been spoiled to see him as much as we have these past ten weeks. We have had many fun outings and a few family weekend vacations that have been very fun. He's been around in the morning when we get up, and he sometimes has made breakfast, and he's been around at night and has put Princess to bed lots of times. He has been readily available for the many tasks, errands, and jobs I have given him over the summer. We have completed lots and lots of projects. He has been so helpful and we have enjoyed every minute of it. Yes, we have been spoiled to the max. But Monday, August 7 marks the end. Coach actually went back to school last week to do some translating for new student registration, but as of today, he's really joining the 8-5 crowd once more. (Well, it's really 6:30-4:30 or so, but still). And alas, football season will get underway, and so to Coach I say, goodbye, see you in February. Anybody whose husband is gone for long periods of time want to come over to our house?
3 comments:
you know i'll be over! at times i feel like "jake? who's that? oh you mean my roomate. yeah, he's not here right now." i really shouldn't complain, but i am oh so good at it!
So I have always felt bad for you during football and Sunnie during busy season. Ever since Eric got his new job, he has been working late a lot more often, so I will have to join you guys!
Yeah, thought of sunnie right away. But hey, aaron should be around so we should pawn all kids off to him and have a GNO (girls night out). Sounds fun to me, now to convince aaron?!?!?!
Post a Comment