Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Thank You Everyone

Well, today is the day that I must make public my appreciation for everyone who is boosting my self esteem. Because, apparently, I am the cutest pregnant lady around. I'm really starting to wonder if it's something people just say to the heavy laden such as myself to make us feel good. If I had a dollar for everyone who has said how cute I look-- family, friends, coworkers, the guy outside Randalls yesterday who was smoking a cigarette-- I'd be a pretty wealthy pregnant lady as well as a cute one. So, to all of you, thank you. You are all making my pregnant life that much easier. Because despite the pounds I am rapidly gaining (oh yes, 25 pounds so far with lots more time left) I really don't feel bad about it. I'm feeling pretty good actually. Thank you to my sister Lisa for sending me maternity clothes from her closet as well as Old Navy. Thank you to various friends who have provided this same service. Thank you to Nicole for sending me a coupon for ice cream, because hey, I can never get enough. (So when are we going to Bruster's anyway? I'm serious). Thank you to Coach who pretended not to be rudely awakened through each of the three times I got up to go the the bathroom last night (yes, three-- so far a personal best). Thank you to my dad, because, I can always count on him to say, "FAT? You don't have an ounce of fat anywhere on you," because he has said that all my growing up years and probably wouldn't turn on me now. So to these people and the countless others I haven't mentioned, who are making my life so much easier, please don't stop now. :) The fact is, you're probably going to want to stop telling me "you're so cute," come September, but please don't because it is just so gratifying. Yes, what you are reading is a shameless plea for continued compliments. I'm thinking that this is just the Good Ole Golden Rule being practiced in its most necessary form--pregnant lady to pregnant lady (or mom to pregnant lady)-- "I'll say you look great if you say I look great." Rest assured I'll be giving out plenty compliments because I've already received so many. Keep 'em coming!

6 comments:

Sunnie said...

you really are so cute, though. it's not just something people say. that's a little strange about the guy smoking the cig...hmmm! i really think that being pregnant is the cutest. and the offer is still on the table for borrowing any of my maternity clothes. i know you want to wear my "eating for two" shirt!

1tiredmama said...

If everybody says it, you have to know it is true! You really are the cutest! I'll offer up any of my clothes as well. I know it gets old wearing the same few outfits over and over. The worst is that my clothes aren't very cute and they have been through 2 pregnancies already. A lot of them are ready to be retired. If Sunnie's pregnant clothes are as cute as her everyday clothes, I would take her up on the offer! Anyways, they are up for grabs if you would like!

Anonymous said...

and you can borrow any of my clothes AFTER you're pregnant =) because you'll still be cute, so you might as well work em! (i guess the distance thing could present a problem though...)

Anonymous said...

it's true my sister friend, you are a super super cute pregnant lady...and my guess is once little Andy makes his entrance into the world the pounds will drop just as quickly as they did last time and my sister who will have now had 2 children will once again be twice as skinny as me! (don't worry, I'm not bitter or anything :) :)

scraphappymama said...

So I am sad that the ice cream thing didn't pan out today. I'm thinking a little ice cream siesta is in order for monday afternoon. What do you think? Let's get a girls afternoon out thing going on!!

Rainie said...

I haven't ever seen you pregnant but you definately are the cutest when your not so it carry's over I'm sure. It's just who you are, you can't help but to be cute. Oh yes, and I'd offer maternity clothes as well except that I live in Dallas and Tori and Sunni hooked me up (thanks again!!!)