Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Who's the parent here?



I recently had a conversation with Princess, that went something like this:

Princess(speaking of some toys that have been put away in rotation): "Mommy, if you get those toys down for me, I'll let you have a baby shower."

WHAT?!?! Who's the parent here?!?! Have I overused incentives in my family? I'm not sure, but today, Princess awarded me a sticker after I completed a job I was doing. I'm really starting to wonder who's in charge around here. Or at least who THINKS she's in charge.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

kristin, you need to email me a copy of the picture! i want it! she's sooo adorable, pretty, cute, etc...everything the little princess would answer "i know" to after asking her "aubs, did you know that your ____?" anyway, i want it, email it to me.

Anonymous said...

i'm dumb, you're, not your

1tiredmama said...

I love Aubrey! She always says and does the cutest things!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Our second baby is dangerously close to two years old, and I will tell you the truth--the kids are in charge. We can think whatever we like and muddle along doing our best, but they learn it fast. Our nearly two year old was born Dec. 13. It was the luckiest day of my life. Despite his occasional bursts of pure nastiness right now, he was the sweetest, easiest baby. Melissa Rich used to always joke that you weren't a family until baby number two, before then you were just a couple with a baby. I know that I finally felt like part of a family when little Cael came along. Best of luck with the babe!

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful(ditto on emailing out that picture). I love that kid. What a crack up! At least she's not ordering you around...she's just an effective little negotiater. You can probably thank her Grandpa for that. She's probably also gearing up to help you teach Andrew those same things :). You're awesome!

Rainie said...

Charlotte is always having me make choices "Mom I can either not go to bed at all or I can have a treat and then go to bed. It's your choice mom, you choose." What? Who is the parent? I feel the same as you.

Rainie said...

Charlotte is always having me make choices "Mom I can either not go to bed at all or I can have a treat and then go to bed. It's your choice mom, you choose." What? Who is the parent? I feel the same as you.