Best Ever Birthday
My 25th birthday has come and gone, but it was awesome! I wanted to post some pictures, but Blogger is not letting me... so maybe later.
First just let me start off by saying there are a few things I expect on my birthday. Carnations, for instance. Coach always gives me carnations for my birthday. Breakfast in bed, I sometimes get that, but between you and me, I was hoping NOT to get breakfast in bed this time around because Coach leaves at 6:30, which would make for rather an early breakfast for me. I'm glad that Coach recognized that I would prefer sleep over a fancy breakfast. Instead, he set the table nicely for two (me and Princess) and set out brand new boxes of my favorite cereals- Quaker Oat Squares and Cinnamon Life. Princess, ever the non-conformist, chose to eat Instant Oatmeal for breakfast. But I on the other hand, indulged myself in a bowl or two of the cereal that we hardly ever buy because it is so expensive the way we go through it. So, anyway, I had barely begun to enjoy breakfast when I see something resembling a homemade chocolate cake on the stove. Upon going in for a closer look, I see that it IS a nicely decorated chocolate cake with my name on it. I have to backtrack here and say that I fell asleep pretty early last night, so Coach could have done any number of things without me knowing, but being as busy as he is, I figured, he'd come to bed soon too, with sleep being as hard to come by as it is these days for him. But no, as I find out later, he stayed up until around 1:00 a.m. baking my cake. And then he got up an hour earlier this morning so he could frost and decorate it. And he didn't use the all-ready-to-squirt-frosting you can buy in the stores, he put frosting in my icing bags and used my icing tips to create this cake masterpiece. He told me later the decoration around the outside rim of the cake was something he read and practiced from my cake decorating book. Anyway, so he was gaining points from me fast. Princess was just excited that I was going to be opening presents today. She had a gift that she had picked out with Aunt Lindsay in San Antonio and kept wanting me to open it all day long. I think my husband and daughter are somehow genetically predisposed to wanting to open presents as early as possible, or at least know what they are. Coach is notorious for trying to figure out what his presents are, and always is excited to know what I get, and I am beginning to see this in Princess too. Anyway, Princess made it almost the whole day without telling me what her gift to me was (which is better than Coach can do on some occasions). But we did open presents before going to dinner. Going to dinner on my birthday is the most wonderful thing... you don't have to worry about what to make, the preparation for making it, or the clean up afterwards. And everybody likes it. It's really my dream come true. but back to the presents...Presents were wonderful... Princess's long awaited present were some very lovely white dress up gloves with pink hearts on them. She told me they were for weeding, but I think I might just let her borrow them for her dress ups. It was thoughtful though because she and I like to weed the front yard together. Coach was great enough to buy me some skinny clothes. And Coach and Princess together gave me a coupon book, which I told them I wanted... which, by the way, coupons are the best... I now have Princess in line to help me do just about anything I want her to do. Coach too. What could be better? And, throughout the day, I got calls from numerous family and friends wishing me well. Even the bishop in our ward called. And I got fabulous birthday front door decor. It was so great. How wonderful it is to be in my mid-twenties! :) Here's hoping that this year is better than the last (...and this year was pretty good!)
3 comments:
Happy belated Birthday! I'm glad we get a special day just for us for people to appreciate us being born! Your family did it right!
i would like to see you out weeding in the fancy gloves. i think it would make a definite fashion statement and maybe even catch on as the thing to wear!
Happy Belated Birthday!!! Sounds like you got the royal treatment. I'm impressed Chad studied decorating tips in your book - that's some serious bonus points.
I too, would like to see you out weeding in the fancy ball gloves!!!
Post a Comment