Our family according to Princess

Princess is eagerly anticipating the arrival of Baby Brother and our subsequent foray into the world of a family of four. I know this because she plays in his room with his toys and always asks me, "when is he coming out?" She has come to terms with his boy-ness, at least for now, because she has realized, "now, we'll have two girls and two boys, and it will be equal!" This little Playdoh family she created is yet another indication to me she is anticipating her baby brother coming. She likes to play with Playdoh and usually makes all sorts of things (one time, we made Courduroy the bear and threw him a birthday party, complete with presents and a cake, all with Playdoh). But she has never, of her own volition made our family before. When she was doing it I was thinking to myself, "wow, Princess is making a really nice family of snakes!" But she assured me it was our family. I took a guess that the tiny shriveled looking one was Baby Brother, and that she was to the left of him. The hard part was deciding which of the remaining two was me... and I was hoping I wasn't the big one. This wish came true. She was proud of her Playdoh family, and I considered letting the Playdoh harden so we could keep it. But I thought better of the idea because although it's fun to see her perception of our family, I couldn't see us putting our little black snake-like family of four in a shadowbox in Baby Brother's room.
3 comments:
I'm glad it was playdoh and not something else:) The dark color and shape could throw you off- yuck I'm disgusting, I know! But I do love the playdoh family and am wondering where you got black playdoh from. I, too, am glad she didn't make you the large snake!
Adorable concept Aubrey but I'm confused about the black playdough (who knew they even made that color?) and I have to admit, it took me a few moments to not be scared at what exactly I was looking at.
Andrew's head is so large compared to his snakey body. Hmmm, interesting.
Post a Comment