Friday, September 15, 2006

Cast and Crew of Cinderella



The Cast of our Home Production of Cinderella:

Princess.................................Cinderella
Cookie the Panda.......................Prince Charming
Seeds the Lamb.........................The Fairy Godmother
Aurora the Bear........................Anastasia
Aurora the Bunny.......................Drizella
The Cat................................Lucifer
Clifford the Big Red Dog...............Bruno
Green Baby.............................The Page
Plastic Jaq and Gus and Birds..........as themselves
Me.....................................The Wicked Stepmother,Duke, and King, and voice of Prince Charming, the Fairy Godmother, Anastasia, Drizella, Lucifer, Bruno, the mice, birds, the page, and anyone else who needed someone to speak for them. I also comprised the entire crew, and moved all of these characters. I also managed the lighting and the sound. My only regret is that I didn't play the part of the camerawoman and take more pictures of this fantastic production.

Princess always likes to play Cinderella, but we usually use her Princess Polly Pockets to play. This time, we turned on the soundtrack to Cinderella, and Princess sang along as we acted out the movie, pretty much scene for scene. We had costumes and everything. It got a little hectic when I was trying to be the voice and movements of several characters at one time, but we survived. Our favorite part was when she was dancing with the Prince and singing So This Is Love in the ballroom (her bedroom). She was so excited to dash off at the stroke of midnight that we had to end the song early. As I was going "BONG!" 12 times, she said apologetically to the Panda, "I'm sorry, I have to go!" And she ran out, down the hallway, but not before she left behind one of her glass slippers. The other really good part was when the duke brought the missing glass slipper to Cinderella's house and Princess said, "I have the other slipper!" as she pulls it out of her apron. All in all, it was a really great performance by Princess, and after we finished the production, the first words out of her mouth were, "Can we play Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs now?"

8 comments:

Sunnie said...

i'm impressed. i would have liked to see the production. i'm also impressed with your ability to play many parts in the production. i never knew you were so talented!:)

Kristin said...

Well, you know, I DID play Mickey Mouse in my 3rd grade Founder's Day program.

1tiredmama said...

Maybe you guys could put the show on for the neighborhood! It sounds like it was a lot of fun and really entertaining. She sounds like an actress in the making!

Emma Jo said...

That sounds absolutely fabulous! I love playing under the direction of my kids. But I have to admit, just reading about the production makes me tired!

scraphappymama said...

You are a great mom!!! Brooklyn dreams of a mom who had the ability to play multiple parts in a play, let alone a mom who had the ability to sit and play for minutes on hand. I need to be better!!!

Anonymous said...

i hope you do replays. but who knows when we would ever get to see them. love to read your blogs! Grama

Anonymous said...

i love it, i love you guys =)

Anonymous said...

I wish that I could have seen that!!! :-) You need to do it again, and record it for us!!