Tuesday, December 19, 2006

HappyFamily Picture... Take 30



I think we actually took more than thirty. I have wanted to get a very recent picture to put in our Christmas cards this year (which I think is going to end up as a Christmas e-mail, but oh well) so we commenced this tiring exercise. We started by trying to use our video camera to take a digital picture, because it has a remote that you can take the picture with. Unfortunately, we couldn't figure that one out, because, how do you point the remote at the camera and take the picture without gettting the remote IN the picture? So, after several attempts to hide it (under Princess's arm, tucked in Coach's hand, etc.) we decided that wasn't going to work. So then Coach had to figure out how to work the self timer on our digital camera, which takes ten pictures at a time, three seconds apart. So I know we did at least 30 because we did that three times. You would think we would get a good one after that. This was the best one, I think. (I'm not extremely satisfied with it, but it is cute enough). We had a lot of Princess closing her eyes and/or smiling cheesy, many of Baby Brother crying (he was sleeping by the end), and several of Coach's backside as he is rushing to sit down and get Princess on his lap. That, at least, was comic relief. And I have to apologize to Princess and Baby Brother for probably wrecking their vision...after half and hour of picture taking, we all had spots in front of our eyes from having the flash go off thirty times in rapid succession. Chalk it up to Christmas memories, I guess. It's all worth it for a cute picture, right?

5 comments:

Sunnie said...

i think you should use the one's of chad's backside to send out. that would get a laugh from people! but the pic did turn out really cute!

1tiredmama said...

I think that this picture is really cute. I agree with the above comment, that the one of Chad's backside would be great comic relief!

Anonymous said...

Let's leave Chad's backside out of this.

From,

Chad (by the way, this is my first ever comment on a blog website. If it weren't for y'all sick-oh's out there, I would still be blog-less!)

Anonymous said...

Did you send the Christmas email? I didn't get it--your little one is so cute! I have to come see him when I get to Houston--whenever that is! I'll bring my camera when I come.
kristen

Anonymous said...

Still haven't sent the email. It's mostly written, though. We figure it'll be a New Year's letter.

Are we pathetic, or what? We haven't written a Christmas letter yet...and we've been married 5 years.